Cunard F&B questions for frequent guests

blonde-cruiser

We have travelled Cunard before but this time we are taking my elderly parents so our priorities will differ this time round.

I understand Cunard now have open dining, but I think our preference this time would be early dining. I know queues happen on certain nights in the main dining room (after cocktail party, or formal night for example). What is the latest time we can be seated for early sitting? Do they still close the doors?? Basically one adult can't queue for too long, a few minutes is fine but if the queues are mostly cleared so much the better.

Secondly, I've opted for the hot drinks package for them. I haven't been on Cunard myself since 2019 but previously it was free tea either in your room or in the lido buffet or in the queens room in the afternoon. I want them to be able to make use of the other venues but not fork out each time just for teas. The pack just states Illy speciality coffee and teas - so would this be all bars and cafes, restaurants. Can they get a pot of English Breakfast without having to go to a specific venue. If anyone has used the package would be great to know! thank you!

On QM2, first sitting opens at 6:00pm with last call at 6:15pm. There will be some queueing on the first evening as staff shows each group to their assigned table. That can be minimized by showing up a few minutes late the first evening. After that, you may go directly to your assigned table each evening as @TheOldBear has indicated.

Sorry, I can't answer you questions about the hot drinks package.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

we had the Premium alcohol free drinks package on QE last year that included hot drinks. We could get coffee, standard tea (not the iced tea) and hot chocolate in any of the bars, as well as iced tea and iced coffee in Carinithia. Carinithia also did a special hot chocolate with little dishes of cream, marshmallows and chocolate flakes. Tea always came in a pot in the bars. One of our favourite things was coffee in the mornings in the Commodore Club.

From what I remember you could also order espresso, latte etc after dinner in the dining room at no extra cost, as well as tea and filter coffee. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@blonde-cruiser - not sure what ship you will be on, but just for info, I am on QV at the moment and early sitting is 5.45 with last call at 6.15, so a slight variant from QM2. 
If one member of your party is unable to stand for too long, then a call to the customer contact centre might help with flagging any additional assistance they might need whilst on board or with boarding itself, as there can be a fair bit of standing in line, even when things go smoothly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Since there are 4 of you, it may be that if you turn up to find there is a queue - mostly likely day 1 and if you turn up early, then you can perhaps park 2 of them on nearby seats, either by the front desk or in the areas near the front desk. 2 of you can queue, get the table sorted, then one of you can double back to collect the 2 who are seated. I doubt it will be much of an issue. When there is a queue it does tend to plod forwards fairly swiftly.

For the hot drinks, you are correct that there is tea in your room (Twining Everyday) and in the Lido, plus in the Britannia (etc) - no additional charge. The hot drinks package applies at all the other venues with the facilities - some of the smaller bars don't have the Illy machine, but all the Commodores and Golden Lions have them. Ditto with the tea, maybe one or two smaller bars won't have the facility (though staff will just go and get some tea in some cases). The only thing I would say - as a non drinker - that it may be difficult to get value for money out of this, it may be more cost effective to pay as you go. I've mentioned this elsewhere but the pricing of the three arrangements for hot / soft drinks. Soft drinks, hot drinks and premium soft drink packages are priced just above the point of being a clear money-saver.

Edited by Pushpit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1