Utopia of the Seas Short Cruises??

4 hours ago, bigmoose7563 said:

Comparing inaugural week vs a ship that will have been out for 2.5 years is not a valid comparison at all

Actually it is a very valid comparison. One may expect high prices on a new ship compared to an older ship, this is true. 

However, when comparing what you will pay today for a sailing on the two ships - this comparison is EXACTLY spot on.  The fact that one is new is irrelevant when comparing what I want to spend today.

2 minutes ago, bigmoose7563 said:

INAUGURAL CRUISE WEEK COST IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS ANY OTHER WEEK???????

You're missing my point.  When I decide to cruise on week X and want to keep the budget to no more than $Y per day, it doesn't matter if it's inaugural week or not.  So, comparing current pricing is what matters - thus a "valid comparison"

Having said that -- I agree that one should expect to pay more for inaugural week.  In fact, I would expect to pay more just about any week on a newer ship than an older one - at least on Royal.

It seems you are concerned with historical comparisons vs. comparisons to make a purchase decision.  From a historical perspective, I'll agree with you -- compare the inaugural prices of each.  However, that may be interesting, but unimportant to making a decision today.

8 minutes ago, Bocker3 said:

You're missing my point.  When I decide to cruise on week X and want to keep the budget to no more than $Y per day, it doesn't matter if it's inaugural week or not.  So, comparing current pricing is what matters - thus a "valid comparison"

Having said that -- I agree that one should expect to pay more for inaugural week.  In fact, I would expect to pay more just about any week on a newer ship than an older one - at least on Royal.

It seems you are concerned with historical comparisons vs. comparisons to make a purchase decision.  From a historical perspective, I'll agree with you -- compare the inaugural prices of each.  However, that may be interesting, but unimportant to making a decision today.

See now that makes sense in terms of your spending power.

But when others are outraged at how Wonder is $1200 less than Utopia on that inaugural week and how they hope that Utopia fails just boggles my mind

On 6/27/2023 at 3:32 PM, orville99 said:

DW and I have not paid a penny in credit card interest in more than 30 years either. Unfortunately you, your children and the two of us are a significantly small minority. The latest credit card balance data for Q1 2023 stands at $986 billion (an all time record high) and the average APR on that debt is 20.8% and rising. There are a lot of people out there who are going to hit that debt brick wall hard, and high ticket discretionary spending choices like cruises will be the first to crash.

So are you telling me there is good news in this for me, my DW  . You ,your DW , Oceansaway and their children  as I am in that minority as well?

I am after all hoping these prices are short lived and I will again soon  be able to justify the prices to continue cruising ... which I love !

Cheers 

• Like 1