Passport problem

cruisingiscool

I will be taking a 2 day Guernsey cruise in August . Recently I was told my passport expires in December so I need to renew. Do I need a passport to get on the ship as ID or as I am not leaving Britain will a driving licence be ok? I am concerned my new  passport will not be provided in time.

18 minutes ago, cruisingiscool said:

I will be taking a 2 day Guernsey cruise in August . Recently I was told my passport expires in December so I need to renew. Do I need a passport to get on the ship as ID or as I am not leaving Britain will a driving licence be ok? I am concerned my new  passport will not be provided in time.

If it helps, my recent UK passport renewal took less than 7 days from submission to new passport in my hand...

You don't require a passport to enter the Channel Islands, but some cruise lines do still insist on you having one even for UK only cruises, no idea if MSC is one of those...

Edited by Mark_T
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisingiscool said:

Thankyou for your reply. I'll keep fingers crossed mine is as quick!

Took a photo on my phone on a Sunday, uploaded it to a passport photo service online and got a link for a corrected and guaranteed acceptable image within 20 mins. 

Completed the online passport renewal application on the same day and included the photo link .

Didn't actually mail my old passport in until the Tuesday as I was busy, sent it 1st Class signed for, tracking confirmed it was delivered on the Wednesday.

Passport was printed by Friday and delivered on Saturday by TNT first thing in the morning.

Thanks for that info. I've done the photo by app which took about the same as yours. Completed forms for DH and me and have received confirmation both applications are received so I will post passports back tomorrow and wait. I have about 6 weeks till  cruise so I'm feeling confident it'll all be ok. Thanks again. 

• Like 1