Club HAL

Tennant

Does Club HAL operate on all cruises? We are planning a 7 night northern European cruise for June 2024 on Nieuw Statendam to Iceland and Norway.  We will have our 4 and 7 year old sons with us.  

For those of you that have cruised recently with kids - what has your experience with Club HAL been? Any pics of the daily hours or programming would be greatly appreciated! 

We have cruised Celebrity, Disney and Royal with our kids who have been on 8 cruises and they have enjoyed each experience as much as the next regardless of cruise line. These lines do not offer the itineraries that we want so no need to suggest that we cruise those instead 🙂 My husband and I have cruised HAL 3 times before kids and feel like we would enjoy the experience with our family - provided the kids club will be open for a few hours here and there.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Tennant said:

Does Club HAL operate on all cruises? We are planning a 7 night northern European cruise for June 2024 on Nieuw Statendam to Iceland and Norway.  We will have our 4 and 7 year old sons with us.  

For those of you that have cruised recently with kids - what has your experience with Club HAL been? Any pics of the daily hours or programming would be greatly appreciated! 

We have cruised Celebrity, Disney and Royal with our kids who have been on 8 cruises and they have enjoyed each experience as much as the next regardless of cruise line. These lines do not offer the itineraries that we want so no need to suggest that we cruise those instead 🙂 My husband and I have cruised HAL 3 times before kids and feel like we would enjoy the experience with our family - provided the kids club will be open for a few hours here and there.

Thanks!

Here is a link to Club HAL on the Nieuw Statendam from 2019 to give you an idea of what to expect:  Nieuw Statendam Club HAL

Here are the HAL Kids Menus (bring your own crayons).  Note that the menus are the same just the pictures change.  Kids can use this menu at Specialty Restaurants at no charge.  Kids Menus

Hey, I’m booked on that cruise as well! 

I can’t answer whether there are HAL Club offerings on all cruises, though I would expect on a shorter summertime one, there would be. I‘ve heard some of the longer itineraries and World Cruises are the ones that tend to not have them.

I also can’t offer a ton of insight into what types of activities they have for younger kids, but I know my 14yo *adored* the activities they planned for the teens. He spent most of his time on the ship hanging out with the other kids on board and participating in the various activity (Uno tournaments, video game tournaments, basketball, pickle ball, etc.) And I feel like if they can win over angsty teenage boys, they can win over younger kids, too. 🙂 He said the clubhouse was a really cool space, and the liked the teen club supervisor.

My 9 year old cruised May 2022 and May 2023 and Club HAL was a HUGE highlight for her! She's quite keen to be there on sea days, and the planned activities were fantastic. 

Tip, if your kid has Messenger Kids take a few cards with their codes so they can trade with friends before leaving day.

Re: menu, the kids menu is definitely a bit limited. It may work well for some, my daughter for the most part prefers to order off the regular MDR menu and request small changes as necessary. But, having a good idea of what's available on the kids menu makes subs easy... ie they can ALWAYS get a side of raw veggies, fruit, or fries. 

Have a great time!

We sailed as a family several years ago with my nieces and nephews, back then they were ages I think 5-15 or so.  They all loved Club HAL, especially the little ones, but the older ones too met some kids onboard their ages and had fun.  When we sailed, Club HAL had fewer kids onboard, but the kids all loved their Club HAL counselors and to this day still sail on HAL and fondly remember their Club HAL days.  

I think your kids will really enjoy it...........