Discovery Princess entertainment

esper10

We will be on board the Discovery soon. We are wondering if the entertainment is good. Does it have different singers? And mariachi group especially at the piazza. We sailed a couple of months ago and it was great. Lots of entertainment and dancing. We just returned from the Emerald and we think it was very lacking. We are wondering if it was that one ship and the discovery still have plenty of entertainment we hope.

thanks

Funny, one of the owners of the local dry cleaners I go to just got off the Discovery Princess last week and couldn't say enough good things about everything, the food, the service, the entertainment.  This was an Alaska cruise, RT Seattle.

She was really fond of a duo that plays in one of the lounges each evening, couldn't remember their names but showed me a picture of them.  Everything she shared with me indicated that you'll not have any problems finding musical entertainment.  No mention of mariachi music, on an Alaska sailing I would think mariachi would be, at least, slightly out of place, but it sounded like the obligatory bands and musicians were all there, the Lido deck party band, jazz group, classical chamber group, and such.

The emails I'm getting from Princess for my upcoming Discovery Princess booking indicate that Rock Opera and Spotlight Bar are the major production shows.

Given that you said you sailed the ship a couple of months ago, the ship's not likely to undergo drastic changes in terms of entertainment offerings (we would hear the people go wild on this forum if that were the case), so you can expect something similar but with a more Alaska-specific focus in terms of some of the content but also the scheduling.

There is a set of Princess Patters from a May Alaska sailing that a user published in the Cruise Critic review section for the Discovery; you can look at those and determine if they meet your entertainment needs.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, jeromep said:

Funny, one of the owners of the local dry cleaners I go to just got off the Discovery Princess last week and couldn't say enough good things about everything, the food, the service, the entertainment.  This was an Alaska cruise, RT Seattle.

She was really fond of a duo that plays in one of the lounges each evening, couldn't remember their names but showed me a picture of them.  Everything she shared with me indicated that you'll not have any problems finding musical entertainment.  No mention of mariachi music, on an Alaska sailing I would think mariachi would be, at least, slightly out of place, but it sounded like the obligatory bands and musicians were all there, the Lido deck party band, jazz group, classical chamber group, and such.

The emails I'm getting from Princess for my upcoming Discovery Princess booking indicate that Rock Opera and Spotlight Bar are the major production shows.

I agree Discovery was fantastic. Just wanted to make sure still the same 🙂 🙂

2 hours ago, esper10 said:

We will be on board the Discovery soon. We are wondering if the entertainment is good. Does it have different singers? And mariachi group especially at the piazza. We sailed a couple of months ago and it was great. Lots of entertainment and dancing. We just returned from the Emerald and we think it was very lacking. We are wondering if it was that one ship and the discovery still have plenty of entertainment we hope.

thanks

The Mariachi's don't go North to Alaska. 😜

Discovery has not to be missed production shows Spotlight Bar and Rock Opera.  Also, if you can, catch Nick or Natalie's shows in the Princess Theater, one's a guest tenor, the latter a cast singer.  

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, the production show Spotlight Bar was fantastic.  Unfortunately, we did not see Rock Opera due to conflicts with family members.  We just got off the ship on July 9th.  We enjoyed all of the entertainment.  We sailed on Carnival in 2017, and this was much better than that was.  One of the performers in the Spotlight Bar did her own show later in the week, which was also great!  We also enjoyed the meet and greet they had with some of the cast members.