Eclipse Cabins 8279 vs 8281

Shaden1982

Hi.  I would like to know your thoughts on Eclipse cabins 8279 vs 8281.   Also, 8254 vs 8258.

I've read that some of the angled cabins are larger than others that are angled.  

Has anyone had any issue with smoke coming up from Deck 5 on the port side of the ship? 

Thanks! 

23 minutes ago, Shaden1982 said:

Hi.  I would like to know your thoughts on Eclipse cabins 8279 vs 8281.   Also, 8254 vs 8258.

I've read that some of the angled cabins are larger than others that are angled.  

Has anyone had any issue with smoke coming up from Deck 5 on the port side of the ship? 

Thanks! 

Stateroom 8279 has the largest of all the three.  The others are larger than the normal balconies.  

I would choose 8279.  I don't think the smoke will reach up to deck 8, especially while underway.  If you are concerned about the smoke, I would choose 8254/58.  Unless you are having 4-6 people out on the balcony, I wouldn't worry about  it and go for 8254 or 8258.

All staterooms except 8281 have bed by the bath.  

If I remember correctly. The angle balconies aft of the elevators. The more aft the bigger the balcony.  You need to think about if you want the bed by the balcony or near the closet. One of my favorite angle balcony are cabins 2105, 2107 or 2109. Right out to the pool and up one level for drinks and snacks.

3 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

Stateroom 8279 has the largest of all the three.  The others are larger than the normal balconies.  

I would choose 8279.  I don't think the smoke will reach up to deck 8, especially while underway.  If you are concerned about the smoke, I would choose 8254/58.  Unless you are having 4-6 people out on the balcony, I wouldn't worry about  it and go for 8254 or 8258.

All staterooms except 8281 have bed by the bath.  

Thank you for your insight!  

3 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

If I remember correctly. The angle balconies aft of the elevators. The more aft the bigger the balcony.  You need to think about if you want the bed by the balcony or near the closet. One of my favorite angle balcony are cabins 2105, 2107 or 2109. Right out to the pool and up one level for drinks and snacks.

Thank you, appreciate it.