Where do you meet the Azamara agent at the airport for hotel transfers ?

srvpoo

• Host Kat changed the title to Where do you meet the Azamara agent at the airport for hotel transfers ?
Guest Cooper2020

This question has brought back memories.   My partner and I unfortunately could not find any agents inside the arrivals hall at Istanbul airport in  June 2022 (despite the instructions clearly stating to meet in the arrivals hall).  We did see other cruise lines holding up cards within the hall.   My partner went outside to investigate whilst I stayed inside looking for Azamara.  He found the agent's  (young students) outside the hall but  he was unable to get back into the airport  to let me know (Armed guards prevented him).   In all other airports  I have flown to it has been easy to spot the agents holding up cards within the arrival hall.  This  occasion may have been  a blip  I suppose but it did cause some anxiety, stress and frustration especially due to my partner having to look down a machine gun barrel.  But he lived to tell the tale and we had a wonderful cruise.

On our first AZ cruise we did not sign up for the transfer.  When we arrived bleary eyed in Edinburgh after a over night flight the 4 of us gleefully pointed to the rep in the airport and exclaimed how excited we were!  See you soon!  The rep came and asked us if we were with AZ.  We explained we would be, but we’re finding our own way to the ship.  She insisted that it was no problem to get on the bus with them, especially since it was too early to board the ship.  So, we had a coffee, joined the group and didn’t think about it again.  That is until the bill appeared while on the shipboard account.  My sister-in-law explained the situation at the desk, and it was removed, but we won’t make that mistake again.