Effect of Simply More on Sales & Sale Prices: Will be critical to us

MEFIowa

12 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

Our TA repriced one of our cruises today from OLife to SimplyMore with a 26% savings (because of the silent  Summer Sale).  There was no necessity to do a physical rebook as we kept same booking number and our original booking date of a year ago. The date of our original deposit did not change  since no transfer was needed with the same booking number. We only lost a modest SBC that we received for an itinerary change. The cruise is not waitlisted, but given that we were repriced and not rebooked and kept the booking date suggest rebooking is not necessary.  It seems most folks who were denied because of waitlisting were by O reps who insisted on cancelling and rebook.  It pays to have a good TA.

Hopefully our rep will have better news when we hear back. Our conversation yesterday was not promising. Looking for a good TA for future bookings. 

• Haha 1

I have spoken with two different O representatives; each one gave me a different answer about adding SM/cost.  Maybe I should just take this as a “challenge” because we do have $1,100 OBC.  Then again, there is plenty of time for me to wait and see how all of this plays out in the future.

Thanks for all the great posts regarding information!

There have been several threads lately related to the Summer Sale and Simply More program.  I want to share our experience because it turned out to be a huge savings for us. We called our Oceania rep to ask if we could benefit from the sale/SM program in regard to our previously booked South America Explorer cruise set for next Feb.\ruary. He got back to us very quickly and the answer was YES. We were blown away--the new guest statement he sent us shows our balance due is $5,400 (total) LESS than our original booking statement. Since final payment is not due to October, this is fabulous--gotta love a cold hard cash savings!  Our PH3 cabin did not change, and now we also have free WiFi, a bigger shoreex credit($1,200 instead of the previous O-Life $800, and maybe best of all, a free wine and champagne amenity (we just don't drink enough to make the beverge package worth it for us). Our friends who are going with us also called our rep; they kept their A2 cabin and saved almost $5,000.  That is a HUGE savings--why not call your TA and and at least ASK, like we did. 🙂

Andi

• Like 4