Catania recommendations, please...

SunnyNy

My cruise will call on Catania for one day in early November and would like to spend my day in port, since I have been to Taormina and Mt. Etna areas several times. I was hoping to see a daytime puppet theater performance and take a short walking tour while there. I would appreciate any recommendations for these, or any other ideas.   Thanks.

2 hours ago, SunnyNy said:

, or any other ideas

Or if it might be new to you, consider a  side trip to Syracuse, a town  we really enjoyed.

In many port towns and cities we have had great success in finding walking tours which we can do independently, by simply googling something like "self guided walking tour of "X"

3 minutes ago, edinburgher said:

Or if it might be new to you, consider a  side trip to Syracuse, a town  we really enjoyed.

In many port towns and cities we have had great success in finding walking tours which we can do independently, by simply googling something like "self guided walking tour of "X"

Thanks, Edinburgh  I did try googling for the walking tour and only came up with one.  Since they haven't responded to my email, I'm looking for a backup.  I've been to Syracuse several times, including the Archeological Park and Noto.  It's a very beautiful area,  but I'm hoping to explore Catania this time.

24 minutes ago, SunnyNy said:

I did try googling for the walking tour and only came up with one

How strange. After reading what you wrote,  I tried a few minutes ago and quite a few appeared. Did you include the words "self guided" in your search criteria?

And if you are good with" techy stuff" try gypsmycity.

Catania is a lovely town and really easy to explore.  You can visit the market and try the produce. Or you can wander up the main street where there are shops and cafes and some ruins. We really enjoyed our day there.