Grand Princess L256 vs A742 vs B744

mypc

Anyone who’s stayed in these particular rooms (or their starboard counterparts) and preferred one over the other? Specifically cruising to Alaska. Wanted the balcony but also thought about doing a premium ocean view (eg L304/6/8) since weather outside could be unpredictable, but those had a few complaints about filthy windows and therefore poor visibility. Any feedback good, bad, or indifferent would be appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

I love the Grand Princess.  Since you are doing Alaska, I would opt for a balcony.  I do not remember which balconies are fully covered, but you should take that into consideration.  Here are some other considerations:

Aloha Deck 742 is steps away from the aft outside staircase.  A few steps up and you are outside.  A few more steps and you are at the Lido Deck (buffet).  I prefer lower decks since I am not a buffet person.   

There is no center staircase, only a bank of 6 elevators.

I believe Caribe Deck has 9x9 balconies.

Thanks, cr8tiv1! I believe that L256, A742, and B744 are all fully covered. Have read lots of rave reviews about the Caribe balconies, but I think we would like a fully covered balcony best even if it is a little smaller. 

That’s actually an excellent point. I was thinking it’d be great to be “near the food”. But, if it’s only buffets on Lido, then that does make a bit of a difference. I liked the proximity to the pools and the gym on Lido. But, the pools seem similarly accessible from Aloha as well. Baja of course should be the quietest option being sandwiched between two passenger cabin decks, however, I read a review which noted some type of ship noises from I guess being tucked into the hull.

Lots to consider and I guess there are benefits and drawbacks based on wherever we are located. Pricewise, these three cabins are more or less the same so that really isn’t too much of a concern.