Beds Quantum of the Seas

I see from the board that the beds below Junior Suite level are hard.  I like mine soft.  Planning to bring blow up camping mattress as a topper,  Will I need to also bring deep pocket bottom sheet and will they launder and return it, or will their sheets fit over it?  Are the beds twin XL or twin?

20 minutes ago, NewbyCruzerAL said:

I see from the board that the beds below Junior Suite level are hard.  I like mine soft.  Planning to bring blow up camping mattress as a topper,  Will I need to also bring deep pocket bottom sheet and will they launder and return it, or will their sheets fit over it?  Are the beds twin XL or twin?

Why not just request a mattress topper?

They will wash your sheets and happily charge you to do so.

Our bed was super comfortable on Quantum on our Feb sailing.  Then again we tend to pass out by the time we get back to the room.  I also did see more than one the cabin steward carrying toppers around.

Some of the posts said they asked for toppers and didn't get them, others said that they aren't really toppers any more, just duvets.  I will be sore all over if the beds are really "like bricks".  I inflate my sleep number only to 40 out of 100.

33 minutes ago, NewbyCruzerAL said:

I will be sore all over if the beds are really "like bricks".

The mattress comfort is about as subjective as the food taste in the MDR - assume it will not be as comfortable as your bed.

7 hours ago, NewbyCruzerAL said:

After sleeping on the Navigator's hard beds and being given a folded duvet as a "topper", I started researching. We're sailing on the Quantum next Spring and want to be comfortable. I've read so many references to Quantum as having very firm beds that we are ordering memory foam (with gel cooling ) toppers,  taking them in the original shipping box as extra luggage. Ten nights makes it worth it. Do not expect any ship to wash or separate your personal sheets......they get thrown in huge, mingled washers. How long is your cruise? They seem to change the sheets about every 7 days; someone jump in if you know for sure that it's more often but I haven't seen it.

The old toppers were egg crate foam and they are no longer available; the reason is non-sanitary.

Comfort is subjective, but hard is hard and very firm is very firm so go from there. If you are going to the port city by car, it's easy. Good luck on finding the right match for you but I think that camping mattresses tend to slide. Beds seem to be a standard twin on Royal.....some cruise lines have narrow mattress, Have a great first cruise!

Rainey

Thanks Rainey!  Sounds like you are like me about the mattresses.  I am flying to Seattle, considered trying to buy a mattress topper there for my 7 day cruise.  Travel agent contacted RCI and secured a topper for me in advance.  Maybe wrapping the duvet around the camping mattress?  I may try it at home on the floor to see if it would be tolerable.  I think I can deal with the subjective food better than the subjective bed  :) 

Gail