??? No Neptune Suites on 6/15/24 Koningsdam to Alaska

kdakda

Would anyone have an idea why there are NO Neptune Suites (well, I should say there is one Neptune Spa suite, which we don't want) available on the June 15, 2024 Koningsdam cruise out of Vancouver to Alaska????   My first thought was a partial charter, but would a charter take ALL the NSs? 

We just got back from doing this cruise and want to go again, and LOVED Vancouver, and would really like that date.  There's plenty of availability on the 6/22 cruise, but that would have us back in port 6/29. We wanted to spend several days enjoying more of Vancouver, and figured it would be more crowded and busy with Canada Day on July 1.   I've been looking at this cruise for a week, and no NSs on deck 7 show up.........I've also checked a variety of other travel booking sites.  This is really a Luxury Problem  🙂

It appears Several Travel Agencies are offering a Special Promotion for the month of June with very good pricing. Prices in some cases for the SB and SC being lower than prices were this year with lots of perks. It is very possibly this is just that week that everyone wanted to book. There could also be a small Group that yes they all booked the Neptune for this sailing. There are not nearly as many Neptune Suites as the Vista Class so they can sell quickly if the price is right. You can always ask to be placed on a Wait List putting a few $100.00 down to hold it that would be refundable. It is a very good chance you would clear a Wait List.

35 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

It appears Several Travel Agencies are offering a Special Promotion for the month of June with very good pricing. Prices in some cases for the SB and SC being lower than prices were this year with lots of perks. It is very possibly this is just that week that everyone wanted to book. There could also be a small Group that yes they all booked the Neptune for this sailing. There are not nearly as many Neptune Suites as the Vista Class so they can sell quickly if the price is right. You can always ask to be placed on a Wait List putting a few $100.00 down to hold it that would be refundable. It is a very good chance you would clear a Wait List.

True that there are fewer Neptunes on the Pinnacle class ships vs the Vista class (43 vs 60).  Keep on eye on your cruise just after final payment date as people do tend to cancel just before.  I once was on a smaller HAL ships and all the Neptunes were sold out far in advance, then one week prior to sailing I received an upsell offer to a Neptune and jumped on it quickly - it was just one cabin and was due to a cancellation the agent told me.

Thanks for the feedback.  We booked the cruise this year 3 months out and couldn't get some of the excursions, so would really like to be able to plan ahead for the next cruise.  I'll keep checking, and we're considering the following week.  

Another point to note (could explain the sold out Neptunes) is that on the Pinnacle class ships there are only 14 Signatures vs 50 or 100 on the other large HAL ships.  So between the Neptune and Signatures there are FAR few of the larger cabins. 57 vs 116-160.

• Thanks 1