land tour before alaska cruise

chris153

We are doing a the 13 day denali/talkeetna land tour before our cruise on the jewel. It starts in fairbanks.  I have not heard anything about the land tour yet, we leave end of august.  Does anyone know if we get an itinerary before hand, or just find out things like hotel and tours and schedule, when we get there?  I would appreciate any info!!  Thanks in advance. 

Just finished a SB Authentic Alaska tour starting in Fairbanks. You will find out which of the hotels you are in in your edocs, which are not ready until 21 days from the start of the cruise. We were at the Bear Lodge in Fairbanks along with the Bliss and Encore tours. From there to Anchorage the tours were similar. Our tour was at the Grande Denali while the other two were at the Denali Bluffs. There is a PDF on the AK cruisetour portion of the NCL website, it contains all of the possible hotels based on the tour.

• Like 1

I will be on the same tour leaving 7/26.  I just got my edocs today.  We are booked into the Bear Lodge in Fairbanks (2 nights); Denali Bluffs in Denali (2 nights); Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge in Talkeetna (1 night).  I didn't get my edocs until today. I requested an updated confirmation last week after the 21 day online check-in and it had the hotel names on it.  Prior to that, NCL had sent me a Cruise Tour brochure which had a good amount of information on all of the land tours. This is likely the same AK brochure bonvoyagie refers to.  

17 hours ago, chris153 said:

We are doing a the 13 day denali/talkeetna land tour before our cruise on the jewel. It starts in fairbanks.  I have not heard anything about the land tour yet, we leave end of august.  Does anyone know if we get an itinerary before hand, or just find out things like hotel and tours and schedule, when we get there?  I would appreciate any info!!  Thanks in advance. 

We are doing the same tour beginning August 23rd.  Is that the same date as yours?  

28 minutes ago, TSUmom said:

We are doing the same tour beginning August 23rd.  Is that the same date as yours?  

Yes it is.  I think we touched base on the roll call too. We got our airfare from NCL and it is not bad at all. We just get to fairbanks a little late (around 9 PM). It is coming up so soon!!!

8 hours ago, df5250 said:

I will be on the same tour leaving 7/26.  I just got my edocs today.  We are booked into the Bear Lodge in Fairbanks (2 nights); Denali Bluffs in Denali (2 nights); Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge in Talkeetna (1 night).  I didn't get my edocs until today. I requested an updated confirmation last week after the 21 day online check-in and it had the hotel names on it.  Prior to that, NCL had sent me a Cruise Tour brochure which had a good amount of information on all of the land tours. This is likely the same AK brochure bonvoyagie refers to.  

Thank you for your answer.  I never got a brochure, but found it on line, so at least I know the basic times. Have a great trip!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chris153 said:

Yes it is.  I think we touched base on the roll call too. We got our airfare from NCL and it is not bad at all. We just get to fairbanks a little late (around 9 PM). It is coming up so soon!!!

We arrive at 8:35 so we will probably be on the same transfer.  I am counting down the days.  We have a mini vacation with the grandkids to Estes park Colorado next week and then it will be time for me to start packing for our cruise!!

• 3 weeks later...