Seabourn v Silversea

4 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

Thanks Markham.

I must say space is what I noticed immediately when boarding Pursuit.

Unusually for me I went to the Colonnade.

The food was of a far better quality than what we saw the previous week on Encore.

The room is well designed and the colour scheme throughout the ship is very tasteful.

Dinner last night in the restaurant was a great success 

Good old fashioned service from a well oiled team.

The chef on board is turning out excellent food which is more than you could say from Encore dining room experience last week.

We will be dining in the restaurant tonight with Stig Betten who is the Captain at present.

Earth and Ocean alternatives in the Colonnade for dinner with themed dinners on other nights.

The smell of new carpet wafts through the ship.

New linens will excite you Markham

I know what floats you're boat my friend 😉

Thankyou for info on food etc, we are booked on the Venture for a non expedition cruise, can you let me know what entertainment there is the bars of an evening ie pianist etc

1 hour ago, dalliowner said:

Thankyou for info on food etc, we are booked on the Venture for a non expedition cruise, can you let me know what entertainment there is the bars of an evening ie pianist etc

There is a pianist,a guitarist,a duo,a DJ

There is also a guest entertainer tonight.

Sushi in the club is excellent 18.00-21.00

On 8/24/2023 at 10:33 AM, markham said:

May I add my own 2 cents as an aside. For us it is the space and spacing of tables in the MDRs of Encore and Ovation, and as Mr L highlighted. I mean, really, and this is old news, these 2 DRs are the same size as those on the O ships but there are 150 more punters. The Colonnade and TKG won’t handle this number. Ok, maybe they would and everyone would accept the MDRs as fabulous if these were HAL ships. But they are not branded that way. Which begs the question of who/which cost cutter designed their deck plans anyway?

We have 2 weeks on Encore in Aug., 2024, BTBs and so with the chance of the dreaded industry/incentive groups taking over the rhythms of the ship to suit themselves. At our expense. But the itinerary is very good, and so was the net price. About the dining choices we have already planned to have most lunches on shore and for shipboard dinners we will scrounge and scrap to our best advantage. Obviously the MDR is out! But does not have to happen and does not on other ships. Too bad.

Happy and healthy sailing!

We too will be on Encore next August so maybe our paths will cross again.

17 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

I have boarded Pursuit today.

My God what a complete difference from Encore for the last two weeks.

What a wonderfully designed ship.

Crew very friendly.The food in the main dining room tonight you could not get better.

Book this ship you will not be disappointed.

Some old friends that I've known for over twenty years on Seabourn.

Nelson is in the club.

Yes you remember him from the Pride all those years ago.

What a perfect first day.

I believe Nelson is the longest tenured SB employee, have sailed with him many times, but he always was at the Sky Bar unless closed due to weather.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2SailingNomads said:

I believe Nelson is the longest tenured SB employee, have sailed with him many times, but he always was at the Sky Bar unless closed due to weather.

Yes that was his domain buy he's at the helm in the club.

He thinks another two contracts and he'll have enough money to buy his own yacht.😁