Daily Calls from PCC

I cruised with NCL in January 2023. It was Mexican Riviera on the Bliss and it was great. Loved the itinerary and the ship. Would loved to have done it again in 2024, but the prices are so much better with another line (to have the accommodations and the drink/Wi-Fi packages that I like), so I have a booking with another line. 

My NCL PCC is regularly calling and emailing me to see if she can change my mind about going with a line other than NCL. I’m not annoyed with the calls or the emails and I have even enjoyed discussing with transparency the pricing and the offering that I have from the other cruise line. 

I am new to cruising so I have no loyalty status worth getting excited about. My PCC said she wants to work on the pricing and see if she can get a quote that matches my booked cruise or add enough amenities to make an NCL cruise more attractive. 

Has anyone else had this kind of earn-your-business attitude from a PCC and has the PCC actually been able to deliver on a lower price or more amenities?

PCC's literally can't do anything for you in terms of price/amenities than you can't do yourself booking via the website. Nothing. Nada. Bupkiss. If you want to talk to a human being, at least call a travel agent that will likely be able to wrangle some perks in addition to whatever NCL offers directly. 

PCCs are foremost sales people.  Not unusual they believe and promote NCL.  It’s how they make a living.  Doesn’t matter if it’s NCL, Celebrity or any of the others.  It’s their job.

No PCC, on any line, has any authority to change pricing, negotiate the fare.  

Fares can and do change over time depending on how the ships’ cabins are selling.  Also, independent travel agents, who represent multiple cruise lines, will sometimes offer part of their commission as a refund, on board credit (OBC), additional perks (e.g. pre paid tips), etc that cruise line PCCs can’t offer.  Another way to get extra perks is to check with your charge card providers who sometimes offer OBC and/or additional perks.

Just keep your eye on the fares for published fare reductions.

Welcome back my favorite Utah pizza joint guy! We're headed your way this fall...well we won't get any further north than Bryce Canyon City. Hiking rim to rim at the Grand Canyon, but doing a mini parks trip just before (Zion/Bryce), then hitting Vegas up for relaxation after pounding out the miles in those lovely red-walled canyons. 

Anyway, while PCC's aren't able to offer you a fare reduction, they do have coupons available to them they can use. For instance, we booked a May, 2023 cruise with our PCC. Then the itinerary changed. Totally! So, we canceled that cruise and went with a March, 2023 cruise (it was lovey). When we booked that new cruise, the PCC "found" a 10% off coupon for us to use that was not listed in either of our NCL accounts. Not sure where it came from, what it was for, etc...but we were happy to have the savings. 

So, while those above are technically correct that fares aren't able to be reduced by a PCC, they can sometimes still get you a deal using those coupons. And, that coupon was different than the Alaska/Europe coupons from earlier. They never ever hit our NCL account. As a TA, I couldn't see them in our account like I could with AK/Europe. 

Wherever you cruise, enjoy your trip!

Thanks to all for confirming what I presumed. I’ll try not to waste too much of this poor soul’s time. 

@cruiseny4life Your trip sounds amazing. You will get your fill of red rocks to be sure. If for any reason you don’t, head to Summerlin on the west  side of Vegas and there is even more red rock. I’m still a good 3.5 hours from Zions, so that would be a long tour for the best pizza in Utah. Hope all is well with you two!