Grand Princess - Room Readiness and Carry-On Baggage Check

KillerSnake

What has been the recent "Your room will be ready at ...." time for the Grand at Vancouver?

How do they notify you if it is ready earlier or there is delay with that particular cabin?

Is there a baggage hold area available so I do not have to drag my carry on with me for XX

hours should I get early boarding but late cabin readiness time? I would like to "drop and go."

We have been able to drop bags in cabin when not fully ready in all but one case sometime pre-Covid.

Unless there is a big delay, I wouldn't count on having a drop zone.  (This is general and no specifics on Grand in Vancouver).

We just got off the Caribbean Princess we are elite and was one of the first ones on.  The cabins were not ready till 1pm but I dropped our carry-on bags in our room when we got on. The cabin steward was in the hall so I informed him that the bags in room 205 were mine. I have done this every cruise we have been on with Princess without a problem.

1 hour ago, sandyoftheseas said:

We just got off the Caribbean Princess we are elite and was one of the first ones on.  The cabins were not ready till 1pm but I dropped our carry-on bags in our room when we got on. The cabin steward was in the hall so I informed him that the bags in room 205 were mine. I have done this every cruise we have been on with Princess without a problem.

The only issue with this is very often the doors are propped open

21 hours ago, antsp said:

The only issue with this is very often the doors are propped open

Yes that is true.  I will put our luggage "semi-hidden" near the bed or balcony not in the closet or near the door so unless someone walks completely into the room they won't see our luggage.  We keep our money, CC and passports with us.