International Cafe Drinks

Jayhoaps

Hey All, new to cruising here so I have some questions regarding the International Cafe.

At the international Cafe do they offer complimentary beverages like coffee, tea, lemonade, water or juices? Or do you have to purchase the beverages there, example coffee, sodas, etc. etc.

Thanks in advance.

It always annoyed me that they don't have a free self-serve coffee/tea station near the International Cafe, like they do in the Cafe Promenade on Royal Caribbean ships.  I ended up going up to the buffet to get my free cup of tea to go with my food at the International Cafe, which was a hassle but got me more exercise to work off the extra food.  😄

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sonoma03 said:

It always annoyed me that they don't have a free self-serve coffee/tea station near the International Cafe, like they do in the Cafe Promenade on Royal Caribbean ships.  I ended up going up to the buffet to get my free cup of tea to go with my food at the International Cafe, which was a hassle but got me more exercise to work off the extra food.  😄

With the plus package you can get drinks at the international cafe at anytime. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

With the plus package you can get drinks at the international cafe at anytime. 

I don't drink alcohol or sodas so the Plus package is not worth it for me.  I don't need the fancy teas either; the free ones that they have at the buffet are just fine.  

• Like 2

The coffee at the IC is specially prepared small batch brew,  It is completely different than the free stuff you can find in the Lido or in the MDR.  With the right drink package it  is all included.  Otherwise, you will need to pay (it is not very expensive).  

My DW is a tea drinker (she favors Earl Grey) and when we have not had drink packages, she will carry some tea bags (she normally grabs a few in the Lido).  When I get my coffee drinks at the IC, she would simply ask for a pot of hot water (no charge) and add her tea bag :).  Her issue with paying for tea is that she thinks the usual Bigelow,  Twinings are just as good as the stuff you pay for at the IC.  The more exotic tea brands do a nice job packaging, but she thinks the end result is basically the same.

Hank

• Like 2