Is it Just Me or is calling X Customer Service a Nightmare Lately?

On 7/16/2023 at 2:16 PM, Bo1953 said:

Since there are over 1,800 agents involved in booking cruises here in the U.S., I Am sure you can find  one that will be helpful to your specification(s) as a few of us here on CC have.

Then when they become overwhelmingly less helpful, or we do not or choose not to understand the dialect (U.S. regional or international) of English they speak, we move on to another agent/agency... where they will speak just like we want them to.

Many of us use agents to handle issues so we do not personally need to be on the phone for 'hours' at a time to get resolutions/answers/responses, often times. Those of us who choose not to use agents are doomed to be on the phone, potentially, for hours trying to get something resolved or changed or explained or corrected. This is by choice, not necessarily by chance or is it???

Been there, done that and not going back unless I cannot avoid it... all in the name of 'control'.

As in the OP's issue, a quick search of X's website would have presented the answers, easily and without waiting on hold!!!

At any rate, enjoy the sailing and I trust all is to satisfaction from this point, during the sailing and after the return...

bon  

Bo on Saturday you wrote….
‘Every time I have called over the last few weeks for various things, the longest wait was ten (10) minutes and the Reps spoke 'perfect' english and understood what I needed’

Then on Sunday you wrote in the above post…
‘Many of us use agents to handle issues so we do not personally need to be on the phone for 'hours' at a time to get resolutions/answers/responses’

What made you contact X in the last few weeks that your agent couldn’t do?
Just asking!
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, alfiemom said:

Yes…if you want your TA to pick it up.

I can see why it could make sense then. You also could place the deposit on the hold and request the transfer to your TA after finalizing the booking. Transfer requests can be made using their online form. I'd imagine it makes life easier for your TA and you don't risk losing the room or price/promotions locked in with the hold.

1 hour ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Posted Saturday at 09:44 PM

Bo on Saturday you wrote….
‘Every time I have called over the last few weeks for various things, the longest wait was ten (10) minutes and the Reps spoke 'perfect' english and understood what I needed’

Then on Sunday you wrote in the above post…
‘Many of us use agents to handle issues so we do not personally need to be on the phone for 'hours' at a time to get resolutions/answers/responses’

What made you contact X in the last few weeks that your agent couldn’t do?
Just asking!

jca - great question... LOL

My TA is on maternity leave and I thought that I had put her through the paces for the last year working on this sailing, I would give her a break what I consider to be minor issues like removing incorrect names on my reservation and making sure that our dining reservations were still in tact... etc.

I did keep her in the loop though, as I did not want her to go into labour trying to accommodate me, at this time!!! LOL

bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Haha 1