Paradise/Tampa and Camp Ocean Questions

Aoumd

First cruise since 2019, taking my son on the Paradise for four nights.  Memory is a little rusty on a few things and I know others have changed, so wanted to ask the experts here...

1. For a four-night cruise, when do the Camp Ocean activities start?  I recall in the past signing my son up for Camp Ocean on the first day, but programs not starting until the second morning.  Is that the case on a four night cruise?  And what were the program hours on the sea days and port days (e.g. all day port call in Cozumel)?

2. Do any families here have recent experience with (or programs from) Camp Ocean on the Paradise or Elation?  My son LOVED Camp Ocean on the Vista in 2019, but I realize we're on a smaller ship this time and I want to manage expectations accordingly.  My son would be in the Stingray group.  Curious how similar vs. different the activities and experience is in Camp Ocean on the smaller vs. larger Carnival ships. 

3. If one "only" has Gold VIFP and does not purchase FTTF, but selects a check in right at T-14 days when check in opens, any odds on getting an earlier (i.e. 11am or 12 noon) boarding time?  Debating going to the Tampa Children's museum before boarding if we get stuck with a late embarkation time, will make a decision once we know our actual boarding appointment time.

4. Conversely, if one is doing self-assist debarkation, what is the latest time one can get breakfast and get off the ship?  Our flight home is not until 7pm so I am thinking of taking my son to the Aquarium after, but we're not going to be in any sort of rush.  And my son likes to get his beauty sleep until 7 or 8am...

Any info would be great, thanks in advance!  Looking forward to getting back on a ship!

Edited by Aoumd

2 hours ago, May1cruiser said:

i think they ask you to leave your room aroun 730 ish- 8 at the latest. Seems like everyone off ship by 10.

Aquarium shares parking lot, so this we be easy way to enjoy some down time before flight home. 

Thanks for the info!

22 hours ago, Aoumd said:

If one "only" has Gold VIFP and does not purchase FTTF, but selects a check in right at  T-14 days when check in opens, any odds on getting an earlier (i.e. 11am or 12 noon) boarding time?  Debating going to the Tampa Children's museum before boarding if we get stuck with a late embarkation time, will make a decision once we know our actual boarding appointment time.

We always get up at midnight right when they are released to get the earliest arrival time. So far we have gotten it everytime. But then we have checked in the morning and early times were still available. You should definitely be able get to get your preferred arrival time at midnight. Maybe in the morning, but don't count on it being available in the morning. 😉

• Like 1