Need Help for Cruise with Elderly Mom

2disneydads

Hello!  It has been a long time since I have been on these boards, and even longer since I have been to Bermuda.  I am traveling with my 87-year old mother to Bermuda in September on Oceania's Insignia.  We stop in Hamilton and St. George's.  I was hoping that the line might have some appropriate shore excursions, but no luck thus far with their choices.  My next thought was hiring a taxi for a half-day private tour in each town.  I did this many years ago when my children were small.  Does anyone know of a reliable driver or tour operator that I might contact to arrange such a driving tour?  Her mobility is limited, so we would want something where we can bring her walker or wheelchair.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or recommendations that you can make.

15 hours ago, 2disneydads said:

Bermuda in September on Oceania's Insignia.  We stop in Hamilton and St. George's.  I was hoping that the line might have some appropriate shore excursions, but no luck thus far with their choices.  My next thought was hiring a taxi for a half-day private tour in each town.  I did this many years ago when my children were small.  Does anyone know of a reliable driver or tour operator that I might contact to arrange such a driving tour?  Her mobility is limited, so we would want something where we can bring her walker or wheelchair.

The good thing about your Oceania itinerary, Hamilton and St. George  is that you don't need shore excursions. One thing you might consider is an afternoon tea at the Hamiltion Princess. Bermuda is not as accessible as the US. A tour is a great idea but you will have to find out if they can accomodate her mobility devices. I always recommend Heidi Cowan's  https://www.bermudabyways.com/tours/ but you would have to email her and see if she can accomodate your particular needs. Same with any other taxi driver or tour operator in Bermuda, you would need to do that. 

Edited by Charles4515