NCL pricing

Trixie21

We haven't cruised NCL since 2014 so totally out of touch with how things work with them.

People on these boards have been kind enough to answer some other questions i have had so here goes another lol!

We are looking at an Iceland cruise on prima from Southampton for next year.

If I look at the exact same cruise for this year on the exact same ship the cost is almost exactly half for the same category of room. In fact I could get into the haven this year for less than a balcony next year (And we can't go this year , unfortunately).

My question is is it normal for them to so heavily discount cruises close to sailing date to fill the remaining cabins ?

We are from the UK so can't avail of price drops.

34 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

We haven't cruised NCL since 2014 so totally out of touch with how things work with them.

People on these boards have been kind enough to answer some other questions i have had so here goes another lol!

We are looking at an Iceland cruise on prima from Southampton for next year.

If I look at the exact same cruise for this year on the exact same ship the cost is almost exactly half for the same category of room. In fact I could get into the haven this year for less than a balcony next year (And we can't go this year , unfortunately).

My question is is it normal for them to so heavily discount cruises close to sailing date to fill the remaining cabins ?

We are from the UK so can't avail of price drops.

Just wait NCL, over price then drop.

You can book through US if you want check both pricings

UK will reprice for a fee.

Keep an eye out for the extra sale items 

UK that's 50% free at sea or $200

There is a UK branch of a US TA that regular my knocks £100 off(not combinable with NCL discount coupons, ok with cruise next)

Flights can be an issue for some of these northern Europe options.

Do direct or TA that can work with the NCL flight credits.

2 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

Wasn't aware of this - any idea what the fee is , or how many times you can do it ?

Think it's £35pp but each time need to check if any perks discounts change.

Any resistance from TA or NCL  the paid upgrade option can work get the discounted current price for the next one up from price paid with a top up

Plenty of flights they were just  more expensive than other short flights like the Med, Baltic.

If you can do insides they get released when the upgrade program kicks in very good rates.

15 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

If you can do insides they get released when the upgrade program kicks in very good rates.

Sorry can you explain please.  understand the concept of upgrading rather than actually getting a price reduction - I've done that with RCL in the past.

When does an "upgrade program" kick in?

And another question if you don't mind- when I was doing a  ock booking for next year the system was automatically assigning me a room. When I clicked the choose a different stateroom option only one deck and one other room option appeared - am I doing something wrong ? 

5 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

Sorry can you explain please.  understand the concept of upgrading rather than actually getting a price reduction - I've done that with RCL in the past.

When does an "upgrade program" kick in?

And another question if you don't mind- when I was doing a  ock booking for next year the system was automatically assigning me a room. When I clicked the choose a different stateroom option only one deck and one other room option appeared - am I doing something wrong ? 

The upgrade bidding starts closer to sailing, long running thread covers that.

NCL site not great for cabin selection I have stopped using it.

I now use a TA site that has a good interface to cabin selection availability for any Voyage.

Been cabin counting for a trip on Viva

It has .com and .co.uk to do price comparison.

NCL geolock the web to UK and can't be bothered to vpn to US.