WOTS.. Booking Shows with Last Minute Booking

I booked WOTS today, and it cruises next Sunday. 
When I went into the Cruise Planner, it says all of the shows are completely booked. 

This is my first time on WOTS, but when I was on SOTS last year we booked all the shows once we were onboard, as there was no pre cruise option. 

I’m thinking it’s changed and with me booking last minute, did I miss out on the opportunity to book shows? I know I can do a walk in/standby, but was hoping to get some secured spots. 

Thanks in advance. 

2 minutes ago, surfjock27 said:

I’m thinking it’s changed and with me booking last minute, did I miss out on the opportunity to book shows? I know I can do a walk in/standby, but was hoping to get some secured spots. 

Yes, you can book in advance 30-60 days out now... but don't stress.

Besides standby (which will also work except for possibly the adult comedy show b/c of the small venue), they hold back a certain % of reservations for booking onboard. Once you board, you should be able to get reservations either via the app or at wherever they have a makeshift "box office" set up.

High probability that you will get to see whatever you want.

• Thanks 1

Just had the same issue.

Forgot to look when I was signing in and now everything shows as booked. (SOTS).

Fingers crossed that your advice to book once we are on board works.

This would definitely stop me booking on this ship and possibly RC again.

21 minutes ago, edgwaremike said:

Just had the same issue.

Forgot to look when I was signing in and now everything shows as booked. (SOTS).

Fingers crossed that your advice to book once we are on board works.

This would definitely stop me booking on this ship and possibly RC again.

There is also a stand by line. We had shows booked in May for every night. Half the time we didn't show till 20 minutes before they start and they had already started letting stand by in. So we never really were using our reservations, just walking in with the stand by people. The other half of the time we missed our reservation all together and went stand by for the next show. Never had a problem. 

The trick is if you have a reservation you have to show 30 to 45min in advance or they might give away to stand by. And if you don't have a reservation, you have to show 30 to 45 min in advance to be at the front of the stand by line. Just to play it safe. Lol. 

Understand, not everyone shows up for everything. Busy eating and drinking. Lots of last min availability. Reservations are free. No motivation to absolutely not miss. 

Edited by RyderJ201

3 minutes ago, RyderJ201 said:

The trick is if you have a reservation you have to show 30 to 45min in advance or they might give away to stand by.

They do not give away your reservations anywhere near that early and you can often walk right in via the standby line for bigger venues like the main theater without waiting in any line for 30+ mins.

2 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

They do not give away your reservations anywhere near that early and you can often walk right in via the standby line for bigger venues like the main theater without waiting in any line for 30+ mins.

I know what happened on my sailing since I was there and you weren't.

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Aqua show 37 min before start time. No seats left. No reservation seats, given away. No stand by, given away. Exactly 37 min in advance. We vowed then and there to by 45 min early for reservations. 20 to 30 min for stand by. That happened day one. Our new rule served us well. Again, I actually lived it. Just saying. 

7 minutes ago, RyderJ201 said:

Aqua show 37 min before start time. No seats left. No reservation seats, given away. No stand by, given away. Exactly 37 min in advance. We vowed then and there to by 45 min early for reservations. 20 to 30 min for stand by. That happened day one. Our new rule served us well. Again, I actually lived it. Just saying. 

I'm sorry the crew didn't follow policy on your cruise but that's not how it is supposed to work and not how it worked as recently as last month for me (or on any other Oasis class cruise I've ever been on).

If you want to keep arriving 45 minutes early, by all means, do what makes you comfortable.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I'm sorry the crew didn't follow policy on your cruise but that's not how it is supposed to work and not how it worked as recently as last month for me (or on any other Oasis class cruise I've ever been on).

If you want to keep arriving 45 minutes early, by all means, do what makes you comfortable.

All I was trying to do was offer advice based on my experience.