Celestyal Cruises Review - Idyllic Aegean Cruise from Athens

JustinPlusLauren

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing another review with everyone at Cruise Critic. Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review."

JustinPlusLauren was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

Hello everyone! We sailed for the first time with Celestyal Cruises this past June aboard the Celestyal Crystal. It was the Idyllic Aegean itinerary from Athens, which included Thessaloniki, Kusadasi (Turkey), Heraklion (Crete), Santorini, Mykonos and Milos. When our ship couldn't dock in Mykonos due to high winds, we went to Syros instead which was beautiful! And then we went to Mykono in the evening, so we got to visit two islands in one day!

Celestyal Cruises isn't like most other cruise lines I've been on. The ships are rather no-frills with the focus being more on the ports. With that said, the food and drink was awesome, and we loved being on a smaller ship and getting to know the staff better for more personalized service!

I've written a full review of our experiences with everything you need to know about Celestyal Cruises. We've also written some pros and cons to traveling on this cruise and ultimately some reason why we really enjoyed our trip.

Check out the review here: https://justinpluslauren.com/celestyal-cruises-review/

Here are a few photos from the places we visited on our cruise!  Please feel free to ask me any questions you might have! 

Mykonos01.jpg

Syros33.jpg

Santorini41.jpg

CelestyalCrystal01.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2023 at 11:21 AM, allegrocontadino said:

Hello Justin. One question i am having difficulties in finding an answer. Do you know wether water dispenser are available 24/7 or only at meal times? Thanks

The only place I saw water dispensers was in the buffet. We ended up having to up our included drinks package to the premium version simply for the ease of getting water! It had better liquors included as well and at $300 or so each was way easier to stomach than 7-day beverage packages on other major cruise lines.