Fusini?

ann141

We are visiting Fusini( for Venice) on a cruise in October and wondered if there is anywhere you can walk to from the port.We have visited Venice previously and have seen the main sights and done a tour to Murano and Burano so would like a relaxing day if possible without having to take the ferry into Venice

6 hours ago, ann141 said:

We are visiting Fusini( for Venice) on a cruise in October and wondered if there is anywhere you can walk to from the port.We have visited Venice previously and have seen the main sights and done a tour to Murano and Burano so would like a relaxing day if possible without having to take the ferry into Venice

The port is Fusina (not Fusini), which may help if you are googling for things to do.  

It's an industrial and ferry port with a large parking lot and campground nearby. Boats take visitors the short distance into Venice (15-20 minutes), which doesn't sound like much of a hassle, but if you want to stay in Fusina, this link gives a few things (including a 16th c. lighthouse) that might be worth a walk-about:

https://gangwaze.com/cruise-ports/fusina-venice-italy

1 minute ago, cruisemom42 said:

The port is Fusina (not Fusini), which may help if you are googling for things to do.  

It's an industrial and ferry port with a large parking lot and campground nearby. Boats take visitors the short distance into Venice (15-20 minutes), which doesn't sound like much of a hassle, but if you want to stay in Fusina, this link gives a few things (including a 16th c. lighthouse) that might be worth a walk-about:

https://gangwaze.com/cruise-ports/fusina-venice-italy

Thank you 

One other thought occurred to me:  you might consider posting a query on the forum for whichever line you're sailing with out of Fusina. Others on earlier cruises departing from there may have sussed out some interesting things to do.

13 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

One other thought occurred to me:  you might consider posting a query on the forum for whichever line you're sailing with out of Fusina. Others on earlier cruises departing from there may have sussed out some interesting things to do.

Thank you 

We took a RT out of Fusina this Spring. You have to transverse the causeway onto Venice island in each direction, which each time took approximately 30 minutes. You are required arrive at the old cruise terminal for embarking and disembarking. If you are just visiting the busses should take you to the Piazalle Roma which may be a shorter transfer time. In either of our directions of embarking or disembarking, we were not allowed to DIY from the ship. There did not appear to be much to do in that area as we drove through it, but I am thinking you likely will not have a choice to just plan your day from the ship without using ship transportation out of the port. It is a gated port with guards inspecting each vehicle. 

9 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

We took a RT out of Fusina this Spring. You have to transverse the causeway onto Venice island in each direction, which each time took approximately 30 minutes. You are required arrive at the old cruise terminal for embarking and disembarking. If you are just visiting the busses should take you to the Piazalle Roma which may be a shorter transfer time. In either of our directions of embarking or disembarking, we were not allowed to DIY from the ship. There did not appear to be much to do in that area as we drove through it, but I am thinking you likely will not have a choice to just plan your day from the ship without using ship transportation out of the port. It is a gated port with guards inspecting each vehicle. 

Thank you. No one is embarking or disembarking from the cruise we are on so hope we will be allowed out of the terminal independently. On one tour it states you have to walk a short distance to get on a boat for a tour of the lagoon so am presuming people will be able to walk out to explore 

Just now, ann141 said:

Thank you. No one is embarking or disembarking from the cruise we are on so hope we will be allowed out of the terminal independently. On one tour it states you have to walk a short distance to get on a boat for a tour of the lagoon so am presuming people will be able to walk out to explore 

I would really advise you to check with the cruise line. Fusina is very strict in their access and from what I have read, no one has accomplished being able to walk on or off freely in the port. It is a working, industrial port and no one is allowed to randomly walk. There is no view from anywhere for the most part from the ship. I understand the “been there done that”  with Venice to a certain degree, but Fusina holds nothing attractive in the port itself. Maybe your cruise line offers different tours that Venice that you could take transport to and then DIY. We are not excursions people at all, and have used the transportation to get someplace, then find out what time and where to be back to the bus, and still tip the guide. Then all are happy. 

40 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

I would really advise you to check with the cruise line. Fusina is very strict in their access and from what I have read, no one has accomplished being able to walk on or off freely in the port. It is a working, industrial port and no one is allowed to randomly walk. There is no view from anywhere for the most part from the ship. I understand the “been there done that”  with Venice to a certain degree, but Fusina holds nothing attractive in the port itself. Maybe your cruise line offers different tours that Venice that you could take transport to and then DIY. We are not excursions people at all, and have used the transportation to get someplace, then find out what time and where to be back to the bus, and still tip the guide. Then all are happy. 

Thinking about it there will probably be a shuttle bus taking people out of the port area. There appears to be a beach and a lighthouse in Fusina but we will wait until we are onboard. If we have to go into Venice that's what we will do but hopefully the shuttle will drop people near to where the vaperetto goes and we can explore from ther

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2023 at 4:33 PM, Vineyard View said:

We're planning to take whatever the ship offers to get to the city and to the train station for the half hour train ride to Padua (Padova) for the day.  We've also heard that there is no private transportation -- taxi, uber, walking allowed from the ships -- it's all controlled access. 

• Like 1