So-why do people worry about finding liquor stores in FLL and not in New York

selltile

More Princess cruise ships sail out of FLL....

Up until just this year, Princess only had regular scheduled ships sailing out of NYC in the fall and some periodic repositioning cruises. This is compared to FLL which can have a couple of Princess ships each weekend sailing out of the port down there.

I am niether from NY or FL, but do understand that different states have different laws about selling alcohol. Here in Texas, you cannot find beer, wine or liquor in every city. In Texas we have "dry towns/dry counties." The constituants vote to decide where alcohol can be sold. In the city I live in, it was just voted in to be able to sell packaged beer and wine. For my entire life up until now, you had to drive to the next city over to buy packaged beer and wine. You still cannot buy packaged liquor in my city. In many cases around the state of Texas, it may be a good hour drive to find a liquor store. Just a thought...:cool:

MY GOODNESS --WHAT DO YOU DO WITH ALL YOUR OLIVES IF YOU DON'T HAVE GIN TO SOAK THEM IN. aN HOURS DRIVE TO A LIQUOR STORE MUST ACCOUNT FOR THE ICED TEA WE ALWAYS READ ABOUT IN WESTERN NOVELS

More Princess cruise ships sail out of FLL.... Up until just this year, Princess only had regular scheduled ships sailing out of NYC in the fall and some periodic repositioning cruises. This is compared to FLL which can have a couple of Princess ships each weekend sailing out of the port down there.

Cheaper sailings out of FLL than NYC. Long trips from NYC, 3-4-7 dayers out of FLL. The budget minded crowd tends to do Caribbean and would probably be more likely to want to save a buck or two on beer and wine. If you paid NYC hotel prices, a $3.50 beer is no problem. :D

Archived