Freeport all-inclusives: Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach vs. Lighthouse Pointe at Grand Lucayan

MisterOJ2

Hey gang,

My family will be stopping in Freeport for the first time ever in December and we're thinking about getting an all-inclusive and the only two I'm seeing right now are Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach and Lighthouse Pointe at Grand Lucayan. I'd love to hear about either of these - are they worth it? Some members of our family are most interested in the beach and pool, while others are more concerned with food and drinks, so I'd like to hear about both those aspects in particular. Also, the ease of getting there and back is a factor too, since it looks like we'll have to take a taxi to and from port.

Thanks!

We've visited the Viva Wyndham Fortuna as a day excursion from our ship during a port-of-call in Grand Bahama. The excursion included roundtrip bus transportation. The resort has a large pool with plenty of chairs and the beach is there as well. We arrived early enough that their breakfast buffet was still in progress and then around noon it reopened for their lunch buffet. Both were included in the all-inclusive excursion plus alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks were included as well. The excursion did NOT include a hotel room. Can't speak for the Lighthouse Pointe except to say it's adjacent the Port Lucaya Marketplace which has shops and restaurants to kill a couple hours while Viva did not have any shopping options nearby.