RCCL stopping in Labadee these days?

21 hours ago, Toddcan said:

Careful, or we might decide to burn your White House

Again

😉😁😜

Just for historic clarity:  "

After defeating the American forces in the Battle of Bladensburg on August 24, 1814, British forces led by Major General Robert Ross invaded the American capital district of Washington, DC. In so doing, Britain became the first and only country to have ever captured the United States capital in the country’s history. Military and government officials, including US President James Madison, were forced to flee the city.

In retaliation for the American destruction of Port Dover in Upper Canada, the British forces set several governmental and military buildings alight, including the United States Capitol Building, and the Presidential Mansion, now known as the White House. The occupation of Washington lasted only slightly more than a day, however, as a heavy thunderstorm passed through the capital putting out the fires, killing several British and American troops, and destroying British ships. The British troops returned to their ships, and Americans returned to the city, thankful for the “Storm that saved Washington.”

So, it was the British, and the fire was put out by a storm.  And the U.S. did destroy a port in Canada before the British invasion of Washington. 

But, I'm so glad that we now get along and we can cruise to Canada from many ports in the U.S.

4 hours ago, OACAggie said:

Getting on Oasis Friday and stopping there next week. I plan to enjoy my day there. 

I am driving from Ottawa, Canada (🇨🇦😉) to Bayonne and going to the Yankees game Thursday night. I am more concerned with what could happen between me leaving my house and boarding Oasis! 

As long as they won't play Red Sox. 😉

1 hour ago, Ret MP said:

So, it was the British, and the fire was put out by a storm.  And the U.S. did destroy a port in Canada before the British invasion of Washington. 

But, I'm so glad that we now get along and we can cruise to Canada from many ports in the U.S.

Yes, but unlike the Americans who had to actually fight the British for their independence, once the Canadians decided they wanted independence from the British, they just threatened to unleash their geese and Britain capitulated. No one wants to take on Canadian geese. It's just a losing proposition.

• Haha 5

On 8/1/2023 at 7:33 PM, Ret MP said:

Correct! Maybe not after being on board but close to embarkation time/day.  The decision will "PROBABLY" be a last-minute one.  The issues in Haiti are dynamic and yes, there is a huge financial risk involved.  Things could change virtually overnight.  I doubt they will but it is possible.  

My first cruise was one that went to the Panama Canal.  We received a text message, this was Rustbucket Cruise Lines, the night before embarkation that the port of call in Colon was going to be replaced with Raaton because of a hurricane.  Well, overnight the Hurricane drastically changed direction or went by faster than forecasted and by the time we did the sail away in Port Everglades, Colon was back on again.  

LOL.  Roatan!  (Speed kills)

11 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

You know the answer to your question.

Oh, you want me to put words in your mouth.  I asked you the question.  Do you want me to answer it for you?  Is it not possible?   If there is a possibility, it ain't funny!  Do you not think that Cruise Ships can't be commandeered?

2 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Oh, you want me to put words in your mouth.  I asked you the question.  Do you want me to answer it for you?  Is it not possible?   If there is a possibility, it ain't funny!  Do you not think that Cruise Ships can't be commandeered?

Thanks for another laugh, you are too funny 🙂