Awesome experience with Red Glove

chillyw

Hey y'all,

I'm excited to embark on my first Virgin sailing in April.

Wanted to share an experience with you. I saw online that I could get transfers to and from the port. Reached out to sailor services and... Had the horrible customer service that everyone here is talking about.

I'm lucky enough to be sailing in a MRS suite, and asked them how to setup the included ride I found online. They acted like they didn't know what I was talking about and emailed me info about taxis in San Juan.

In the meantime, I also found out Virgin has awesome rates on hotels and found out about the red glove email from here.

I reached out to enquire on the red glove email, and got three emails back, full of everything I needed to know, and a phone call welcoming me to Virgin.

Not sure if anyone from Virgin reads this, but if so - Kurt is awesome.

They even found an error in my wife's birthday and proactively fixed my booking, and realized it was my birthday sailing and implied they setup a surprise during the trip.

My reason for posting this is to say - man, if they can deliver that level on the red glove, why can't they get normal customer service at least at a decent level?

The experience I had was so different it's crazy. While I love and appreciate the red glove, it shouldn't be that bad it an experience on the regular line! The regular support should know how the answers to basic questions too!

Edited by chillyw
grammar
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, jon81uk said:

Probably helps that there is only 15 Mega Rockstar suites per ship so they don’t have 

many people to deal with its a small dedicated team without the stress of hundreds of calls.

So why can't a a clueless rep say, "We have a special red glove department for MRS, here's the number".

• Like 3

As friendly as the VV Shore Side team is, there does seem to be a conflict between the brand style and the needs of the role. For example, they are still all "Ahoy, thanks for sailing by..." but that seems to have taken over from the purpose of the role which is to resolve challenges and assist sailors and training needs move down below the brand style in the training pecking order. I think when they fill the training posts and have a standardised "welcome route" for the staff, things will improve. 

• Like 2