Westerdam transpacific question

tabster100

6 hours ago, tabster100 said:

I'll be on Westerdam in Oct for transpacific crossing (Seattle to Yokohama).   If you did this crossing on westerdam in the spring how was the internet out in the pacific?

thank you!

Sporadic but better than we expected.  That being said, we did not do any streaming.  We also had very bad weather for the entire crossing from Yokohama to Kodiak with 20 - 25 foot seas the norm.

Hank

3 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

@HlitnerWe're doing Yokohama to Seattle next spring, so very interested - 20-25' for how many days?

The stormy seas were with us for most of the 6 day crossing.  Seas finally calmed down as we neared Kodiak Island.  The Captain explained that we got caught between two major storm systems.  The Westy handled the seas quite well, but I suspect there were more than a few unhappy passengers.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

@HlitnerWe're doing Yokohama to Seattle next spring, so very interested - 20-25' for how many days?

Twice on this route the seas have been over 25 feet for 4- 5 days and the wind was hurricane force 11 for a few days. Walking the deck was fun, but now I notice the ships tend to close the deck very quickly if the decks are wet and the wind is merely moderate.

• Thanks 1