Remich, Gare routière Bus Station Question-Avalonwaterways

TikiIslandGirl

Hello, trying to figure out getting to the Avalon Imagery II river cruise docking spot. I can get to the bus stop in Remich but having a hard time determining how far is the bus stop from where Avalon will be docked. I know docking can change but currently looking at Avalon web site and looking at that position it lists. Has anyone done a Avalon RC and walked from the Remich bus stop? I will have my 79 y/o mother with luggage so just want to make sure not walking a very long distance.Thanks for any help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.  We did this last August.  It's a very, very short walk from where the bus stops to where the ship docks.  The bus is free.  We took it from the train station.  Make sure you get off of the bus down at the river.  Don't go on up to the "Corniche."  I just asked my husband, and he thinks he remembers the stop as "La Plage."

1 hour ago, CielBleu said:

Hi.  We did this last August.  It's a very, very short walk from where the bus stops to where the ship docks.  The bus is free.  We took it from the train station.  Make sure you get off of the bus down at the river.  Don't go on up to the "Corniche."  I just asked my husband, and he thinks he remembers the stop as "La Plage."

1 hour ago, notamermaid said:

This is the route planner: https://www.mobiliteit.lu/en/journey-planner/

Remich Gare routière and then along the river. Corniche as CielBleu says takes you away from the river. The road along the river is called Esplanade.

notamermaid

Thanks-Cielbleu-it was hard to tell by Avalons docking location and the bus stop how far it is. Shouldn't be a problem getting my mother there.

Notamemaid-I happened to post on another travel site with help in Luxembourg and a local gave me a link to that route planner-It is really really helpful. I have saved all of my bus routes that I need while there. And can use it offline so I hope my travels will go smoothly!!!

• Like 2

On 8/17/2023 at 6:36 PM, notamermaid said:

This is the route planner: https://www.mobiliteit.lu/en/journey-planner/

Remich Gare routière and then along the river. Corniche as CielBleu says takes you away from the river. The road along the river is called Esplanade.

notamermaid

My husband could have mistakenly thought it was La Plage instead of Esplanade!

• 2 months later...
On 11/9/2023 at 8:44 AM, Daisi said:

@TikiIslandGirl, how did your trip go? Looking for transport options as well.

Trip went well but a week before trip Avalon sent a email for new docking place which  was about 10 km further down from where they usually dock. I was able to still use the bus (which was free) and there were 2 stops near  to where the boat was. So I’m assuming where they usually dock there is a bus stop. And I ended up missing my connection In Frankfurt and ended up overnighting at the Frankfurt airport and short flight to Luxembourg the next morning. Easy to catch the bus at the airport with one change. Just use the Luxembourg bus app and it will tell you exactly where you need to get off/change. You can download your route and use it offline. Hope this helps 

7 minutes ago, TikiIslandGirl said:

Trip went well but a week before trip Avalon sent a email for new docking place which  was about 10 km further down from where they usually dock. I was able to still use the bus (which was free) and there were 2 stops near  to where the boat was. So I’m assuming where they usually dock there is a bus stop. And I ended up missing my connection In Frankfurt and ended up overnighting at the Frankfurt airport and short flight to Luxembourg the next morning. Easy to catch the bus at the airport with one change. Just use the Luxembourg bus app and it will tell you exactly where you need to get off/change. You can download your route and use it offline. Hope this helps 

Thanks. No problem taking luggage on the bus? Only public transit we have taken was the tram in Amsterdam, and I sure wouldn't want to take the luggage on that...to packed with people!

We've booked for 2025, eagerly watching YouTube videos of the towns on the Moselle to see what they are like. 🙂

1 hour ago, TikiIslandGirl said:

Trip went well but a week before trip Avalon sent a email for new docking place which  was about 10 km further down from where they usually dock.

Was this Grevenmacher or Wasserbillig? There are river cruise docks in both towns.

notamermaid

1 hour ago, Daisi said:

Thanks. No problem taking luggage on the bus? Only public transit we have taken was the tram in Amsterdam, and I sure wouldn't want to take the luggage on that...to packed with people!

We've booked for 2025, eagerly watching YouTube videos of the towns on the Moselle to see what they are like. 🙂

The cruise was really nice  and would do it again!!! We had an early flight into Luxembourg on Sunday. The bus was nearly empty so not a problem with luggage but I wouldn’t want to be on it with luggage if full.  Absolutely no place to put it unless you get the few seats around the handicap area. The bus driver wasn’t very nice or helpful and we had to put the luggage in our seats out of the way. I tried to find private transfers (since I was originally coming in the day before) but couldn’t find anything. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TikiIslandGirl said:

The cruise was really nice  and would do it again!!! We had an early flight into Luxembourg on Sunday. The bus was nearly empty so not a problem with luggage but I wouldn’t want to be on it with luggage if full.  Absolutely no place to put it unless you get the few seats around the handicap area. The bus driver wasn’t very nice or helpful and we had to put the luggage in our seats out of the way. I tried to find private transfers (since I was originally coming in the day before) but couldn’t find anything. 

Thanks. I can't do anything about flights now, but we have mentioned to Avalon that we may go through them, so at least that way they provide the transport. 

It's just so hard having to wait.......  🙂

3 minutes ago, Daisi said:

Thanks. I can't do anything about flights now, but we have mentioned to Avalon that we may go through them, so at least that way they provide the transport. 

It's just so hard having to wait.......  🙂

That’s probably the easiest way. It ended up working out better that we ended up staying overnight in Frankfurt. There’s are 2 Hilton’s in the terminal and I booked a room with points. Easy walk to gate for early morning flight and had an empty bus. So it ended all working out

• Like 1