Barcelona Hotel 1898

gail-s

I wanted to thank the people who responded to my questions before our trip.  We ended up staying at the Hotel 1898. It's in a great location, on the corner of La Ramblas. We had a room with a view on the side street, which was small but clean and well set up.  King bed, dresser, chair, big window that opened up onto the street.  Giant bathroom.  The hotel staff were excellent.  Very friendly and helpful.  There was a taxi stand just outside that we used to get a ride from the hotel to cruise.  We spent some time at the rooftop bar and pool while we were there.  The pool was nice and relaxing, no problems getting a place to sit.  The bar was good as well.  We had some tapas and drinks and our second afternoon had the place mostly to ourselves.  The views were beautiful.  We only ate breakfast at the hotel one morning.  Unfortunately we were hurried and couldn't take advantage of everything that was offered.  There was a large buffet and you could also order omelets etc.  If you have time to relax and eat a ton, I'd recommend it.  We'd definitely stay there again if we go back.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for this update. This is one of the hotels we are looking at. I was concerned about how the noise level would be. In the past we always stayed at a hotel in more of a neighborhood that was walking distance to a lot of the city. It doesn’t appear that noise at night was an issue for you?

Sorry just seeing this now.  I slept quite soundly and the noise didn't bother me.  My husband was up a little later and told me it was crazy and loud out on La Ramblas.  You could ask for a room further from the main street possibly if you think it might keep you awake.  

• Like 1

W currently have reservations at the Catalonia plaza Catalunya but we are starting in France and bringing two adult daughters to Barcelona for a few days and are now thinking maybe Airbnb. Have no clue where to look, neighborhood or areas. The girls were an afterthought so we may have to change hotel arrangements. Anyone have input, would appreciate