Cost of a Beer onboard ?

Kahhli

Hi

I am going on the Majesty in April.

I have read on the boards that people use well wishers to have beer/soda delivered to their cabins.

Because we are flying in , I dont want the hassle of trying to purchase those items and then "hiding" them in my luggage.

I have seen many folks here talk about Well Wishers.com and I did contact them.

They quoted me a price of 55.00 plus 7 delivery on a case of Miller Lite and 45.00 plus 7 delivery for a case of coke.

It breaks down to 2.58 per beer and 2.16 per coke.

I am wondering what the actual cost of those items would be on the ship and is it worth it to have this delivered.

Not sure if this is a bargin or not.

Thanks

Kahhli

I pay extra for cute waiters with a big smile to bring me cold drinks. I think that everyone should :)

That might work for you....I feel rather uncomfortable paying extra for cute waiters....now a waitress....:rolleyes: Actually, anyone I have fun with, I enjoy tipping them extra. I appreciate the extra mile for humor, jest, and attention.

I think that is truly what each of us really enjoys. :D Then again......

That might work for you....I feel rather uncomfortable paying extra for cute waiters....now a waitress....:rolleyes: Actually, anyone I have fun with, I enjoy tipping them extra. I appreciate the extra mile for humor, jest, and attention.

I think that is truly what each of us really enjoys. :D Then again......

What I meant by it was rather than dragging it all onboard with me there is a real appeal to not having to haul my hiney out of a chair and schlepping back down to the cabin for a cold drink when some smiling man in a nice outfit can bring it to me for less than a buck or so more. Worth the extra!

nliedel

Just having some good mid-day humor listening to Club Trini and playing on the boards. I understand COMPLETELY!!!!

Someone please SERVE ME! One of the reasons, I enjoy cruises so much is that people are there to take care of me for seven days out of 365 days.

Best Regards

Right with ya there Havana. I get tired of being the head waitress, cook, daycare center director and teacher, cleaning lady, director of discipline and chief concubine for my dh (not that I am complaining mind you, especially about the last one). On a cruise I only have one role to play and that's being me for 7 days. Ok the last one is there unless I am on a cruise with my friends, which has it's appeal too :)

Nliedel.....that is HILARIOUS!!!!!!

Try being on call 24/7 unless you are out of the country on a cruise!!!!!

I understand everything except the concubine stuff........what the heck is that?

Best Regards

Well I am not number two but it was the closest word to explain the position. :)

My husband was informed a few years ago that he is to wear his pager 24/7 unless out of the coutry. Which is why we cruise. I make him leave it at home (he could be paged in ports but I won't let him have it). I hate that darn thing. I would gladly take a hammer to it but his job pays the bills so I can't.. grrr.

Nliedel

I was just fooling around...I know very well what the aforementioned topic is as I am a student of the Holy Scriptures....actually serving for 22 years in the ordained ministry.

Sometimes, I just like to see what people will respond with. I also do this with people close around me.

Thanks for your fun! Maybe someday we will cross paths on a ship!

BTW...I REFUSE to wear a pager and have even been considering changing my cell phone number....that crazy thing is my convenience NOT everyone elses.

Well, we get off topic.....the cost of a beer....WHO CARES!!!!!! I would gladly pay for the pleasure of someone to bring me a fresh one. Actually, I train my waiters to watch for my card...they don't bother asking after the first day if my card is not out....when it is out...I am THIRSTY! :)

Bring me another cold one for me and my cigar!

Best Regards

Nliedel,

I am sorry....I could provide you with a nice Red Stripe or as my wife prefers, a Corona with a lime slice.

"sigh"

Guess, we will have to get ourselves out of the old chair and get one of our own.

We are having about the 4th out of 5 days of HEAVY winds here...I need to actually go out and shore up the parsonage fence as one piece broke in the south wind yesterday.

But this is fun.....and I REALLY like Club Trini music.

Best Regards

Kahhli

We sailed the Navigator Feb 25. The cost for two Miller Lites was $6.90 including the gratuity.

We bought buckets, 6 beers for the price of 5 for $17.25. Just watch your receipts. Some bars would charge for 5 beers and others would charge for 6 beers.

Have a great time.:) :) :)

Archived