When do drinks package prices normally rise?

kmw350

I've booked a Cunard cruise for next year, & paid the deposit so far, but still have not yet chosen my drinks package.

After seeing that Ambassador is raising their package prices by 18% in September, I wondered if anyone knows if or when Cunard are likely to make any increases?

If they are, I might as well buy the package sooner rather than later.

Thanks for any insights.

Ahoy there! I know P&O increased their prices for drinks packages this June. They introduced a new 'ultimate' drinks package but also increased the price of the classic package from £40pppd to £45pppd. They do however offer 10% discount if you buy before you board. Not sure if Cunard offer a discount if you buy before you board?

I can't offer any advise as to whether Cunard will be increasing the prices of their drinks packages. I can tell you when Cunard first introduced their drinks packages in August 2018, the Beers, Wines & Spirits package was priced at $69 per person per day. Since then they have only increased the price to $70 if you purchase in advance. I believe that $1 price increase corresponded with the resumption of service a couple years ago.

The current price for the Beers, Wines & Spirits package increases to $75 per person per day if you purchase the package on board instead of purchasing it in advance. If you do wait to purchase on board, you have the option to skip the first (partial) day and purchase on the second day instead. And you can use OBC if you wait to purchase on board which can be useful if you happen to have a large amount of OBC to spend.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...