Anthem of the Seas - Coco Cay water park and other questions

Hello,

we've cruised on RCCL about 20 years ago last time, this time we are going with two grandkids (9 and 12) and my mom, 86 y.o. Leaving from New Jersey, driving to the port as we are local. I have tons of questions, I've been reading the posts - cruising has changed so much! and everything is $$$.

For the day at CoCo Cay - I understand there are free chairs on the beach and we could go there but I am thinking that we don't our grandkids miss out on the water park. Is waterpark a couple of hours thing or a whole day thing? How big is it? Are the lines crazy there or manageable? if its a whole day we would need to bring my mom - what a waste to pay for three adults who are not going to use the slides or any attractions. Can our 9 and 12 year-olds go on the slides by themselves? Zipline? 

Also, soda package on board - do most parents get them for their kids? if we don't get soda package for our grands would they feel left out?

4 hours ago, kiramoli said:

Also, soda package on board - do most parents get them for their kids? if we don't get soda package for our grands would they feel left out?

Most decide on the break even cost - it’s about 3 a day. 

• 6 months later...

Yes-to the Soda cards! They won't get alot of refills at the bar, but my son found the self service machine in the rear area of the buffet, near or accross from the ice cream machine. There is now a computer chip in the bottom of the cups so they can get their own drinks, If they like soda and drink more than 3 a day, you'll save yourself a ton!

2 hours ago, joan2223 said:

Yes-to the Soda cards

I assume you meant the soda package. Some ships sometimes offer cards but usually only for alcoholic drinks (or coffee on all ships). Don’t want to start a rumor that RCI is offering a soda card. 

Edited by Biker19

6 hours ago, joan2223 said:

Yes-to the Soda cards! They won't get alot of refills at the bar, but my son found the self service machine in the rear area of the buffet, near or accross from the ice cream machine. There is now a computer chip in the bottom of the cups so they can get their own drinks, If they like soda and drink more than 3 a day, you'll save yourself a ton!

Your answering  question asked a year ago. 

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I assume you meant the soda package. Some ships sometimes offer cards but usually only for alcoholic drinks (or coffee on all ships). Don’t want to start a rumor that RCI is offering a soda card. 

Oh my, sorry you're right, it's the soda package that comes with a cup