Sharm el sheikh cruise port address please.

ohnonotmeagain

To the best of my knowledge there's still only one port.

If you've simply googled "Sharm el Sheikh port" it throws up two answers, but one is just a short pier for charter boats. 

Cruise ships berth at V73Q+W76 Qesm Sharm Ash Sheikh

https://goo.gl/maps/HnX1RucoWS8kgZD76

That's at the southern end of Sharm el Sheikh, near the district known as Hadaba. It's a large concrete quay.

(Excellent snorkelling from the nearby Landmark Marina)

I'm intrigued why you need the address ??

JB 🙂

1 minute ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

@John BullPrivate excursion company needed the address.😉

That'll be the address that I gave you.

But If you tell them that you'll be on a ruddy great cruise ship they should know that anyway.

............................. which makes me wonder - is this a local excursion company ?  Or a booking agency like Viator?

JB 🙂

56 minutes ago, John Bull said:

That'll be the address that I gave you.

But If you tell them that you'll be on a ruddy great cruise ship they should know that anyway.

............................. which makes me wonder - is this a local excursion company ?  Or a booking agency like Viator?

JB 🙂

Viator! Well guessed!😂

9 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Viator! Well guessed!😂

Your money's safe with Viator, but it is an extra cog in the system which can lead to confusion.

Fingers crossed., 

I only ever used them once - a day-trip into Red China which we booked from the UK for a day after a cruise to Hong Kong.  Didn't know any of the HK operators on the interweb and everyone wanted cash with booking because it included a group visa, so we felt safer with a world-wide agency. A day ahead they reminded me by text and by phone to the hotel, taxi collected us as planned and all went very well.

What's the excursion?

JB 🙂

7 hours ago, John Bull said:

Your money's safe with Viator, but it is an extra cog in the system which can lead to confusion.

Fingers crossed., 

I only ever used them once - a day-trip into Red China which we booked from the UK for a day after a cruise to Hong Kong.  Didn't know any of the HK operators on the interweb and everyone wanted cash with booking because it included a group visa, so we felt safer with a world-wide agency. A day ahead they reminded me by text and by phone to the hotel, taxi collected us as planned and all went very well.

What's the excursion?

JB 🙂

Oh just a local boat trip out to ras Mohammed /White island.viator £30,cruise line£90 for apparently the same thing . I'm not sure if I NEEDED to book  or just turn up  and if they went from the same area?

2 hours ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Oh just a local boat trip out to ras Mohammed /White island.viator £30,cruise line£90 for apparently the same thing . I'm not sure if I NEEDED to book  or just turn up  and if they went from the same area?

Since Ras Mohammed is S.W. of  Sharm el Sheikh the excursion probably leaves from the same bay as your ship but on the far side of the bay at Wataneya - that'd be a shade-less 30 minute walk plus figuring which boat plus timing plus availability-on-the-fly, so definitely better to book and travel without worry.. 

Sounds like you haven't yet booked. Lots of options on the interweb though it's difficult to figure which - if any - are boat operators and which are booking agencies. Booking with an operator rather than a booking agency avoids mis-communication from that extra cog in the system, any cash saving will be minimal & irrelevant.

So spend some time researching.

IIRC, it's a secure cruise port, so a pick-up would be at the port gate. Again IIRC there are taxis at the port gate.

https://goo.gl/maps/xLE494GrVT7kGnMAA

Most options on the interweb mention snorkelling.

If you're into snorkelling, it's the best snorkelling we've done - and we've done it in the Caribbean, the Pacific and the Great Barrier Reef !!!

Take your own snorkelling gear or check that it's included free-of-charge

Yes, all ships' excursions are over-priced.

There are rare occasions when various factors might mean they're still the best option - this isn't one of those exceptions.

Have a great time

JB 🙂

• Thanks 2