MSC Price Match

Cayman1

Here’s the wording we were given at the Future Cruise desk last night. Note that it’s a refund in the form of OBC or an upgrade, and not a fare reduction…

(And if you’re thinking of a price-match on anything other than a Future Cruise booking, my understanding is that that’s a “cancel & rebook at the lower rate” job.)

IMG_5900.jpeg

• 7 months later...

I tried calling today after getting an email for a cruise deal that is the exact same experience, room, deck etc losing a $640 difference after booking just a week ago. 😒  They said they do not offer price match or on board credit.  

3 hours ago, anamergirl said:

I tried calling today after getting an email for a cruise deal that is the exact same experience, room, deck etc losing a $640 difference after booking just a week ago. 😒  They said they do not offer price match or on board credit.  

I would call and speak with someone else.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Keys Kathy said:

I would call and speak with someone else.

I called twice but both people unfortunately told me the same thing.  Can’t understand with such a big difference in price they couldn’t give me anything.  

Edited by anamergirl
Added info

11 hours ago, anamergirl said:

I called twice but both people unfortunately told me the same thing.  Can’t understand with such a big difference in price they couldn’t give me anything.  

If the cruise had gone up in price after you booked, and they came to you asking for more money, would you agree to pay more?

Or would you shout about the contracted price you signed for?

I can't understand, why you can't understand, why they won't give you anything. 

I never understand the logic behind these posts. 

• Thanks 1

The price drop happened to me on an upcoming MSC cruise. I haven't made the final payment yet. I talked to my travel agent, and she said I would have to cancel the actual booking and rebook it. I did this and got the new price. In your case you would have to cancel and repay full price of cruise and wait for refund on existing booking. I only had to pay a new deposit. I always book balcony guarantee so don't care about the location of the room. As long as I am on the ship it is the same experience. I think if you are not picky about what rooms are available after you cancel you can get the new price. Just have to understand that you may not get same category or room.