Question About Jacksonville and the Port?

GranysT

I have a cruise in November. Out of Jacksonville for 1st time. Am looking for hotels for pre and post cruise. Am currently looking at Holiday Inn Express, at Mayport Beach. How close to port is this hotel? Is it a decent hotel? It has some good reviews, if you can believe them. Any help would be appreciated.

Why do you want to stay at Mayport? There are much nicer areas. Let me know how long you are planning to spend in Northeast Florida pre or post cruise and if you have a transportation. Also, your housing budget would be helpful.

Bob 

28 minutes ago, robert2 said:

Why do you want to stay at Mayport? There are much nicer areas. Let me know how long you are planning to spend in Northeast Florida pre or post cruise and if you have a transportation. Also, your housing budget would be helpful.

Bob 

The OP's questions have been answered here: 

Duplicate posts.

No one really explained why that particular hotel is/isn't a good choice.

First off, the hotel is not actually in historic Mayport, but rather Atlantic Beach... Their web site focuses on the fact it is the closest hotel to the Navy base at Mayport. There isn't anything interesting  within  walking distance.

It's about 16 miles to the port, and kind of out of the way for most people driving to the port  . What direction are you coming from, and will you be just spending one night pre/post cruise, or do you plan to spend time in Jacksonville?

Aloha,

John