Is Cunard's online stateroom availability actually believable?

kmw350

I'm a bit bewildered. I am booked on a July '24 cruise on Queen Anne, and I have just phoned Cunard, as I now need to transfer my booking to a September cruise instead (I paid Cunard fare, which incudes the 'perk' of swapping cruises).

The operator that answered told me there were no comparable staterooms available, and yet, looking online, I can clearly choose from a dozen staterooms on the same forward section of the very same deck.

Why would they say there is none available? I really thought they would help me, but now I am left wondering if I was just fobbed off for some reason. 

Has anyone had any similar experiences or can shed any possible light on this?

@kmw350 I’m sorry there is confusion and of course I don’t know the real situation. I had the opposite situation for my last booking. The website said nothing was available, but when I actually chose specific cabin numbers they became available. I found 3 cabins, then I called Cunard and was told there were 7 available. I’d say, if you find the cabin you want on-line then book it and call Cunard to confirm. Good luck!

Two things go through my mind about this, in the absence of specific details:

1) If you want to change the cruise then it has to be a higher cost than the original. I had to do this for a cruise recently, when the cost of the replacement cruise had fallen slightly - the only way I could move to this new sailing was to go up a grade or two.

2) The website for Spain (etc) is often much more clear cut as to what cabins are available than the UK version of the website - assuming that is what you are using here.

https://www.cunardcruceros.com/cunard/en.html

I would concur with above the cost has to be equal or greater and perhaps the exact grade of cabin was cheaper so not eligible for the transfer or the next grade was fully booked so you might have to try several grades up. Also cabins are reserved for guarantee fares and sometimes ringfenced. I would ring  back and ask exactly what is available and for what extra cost. 

• Like 3