Laundry on American Queen

JeannineWW

15 hours ago, JeannineWW said:

We will be on the American Queen October trip from Minneapolis to New Orleans.  I understand there is a self service laundry on board.  Is laundry service by the bag available to all passengers, or just for those in suites?

Here's what the FAQ page on their website says...

"may be able" is open to interpretation, but I am guessing that for a fee, they will accommodate you.

It may depend on how many request the service as to whether or not they can....not sure.

There are self-serve laundry facilities onboard the American Queen only. Ocean Voyager and Ocean Navigator offer laundry services to all guests for a nominal fee. Upon request, our AQV river vessels may be able to accommodate laundry services upon request if needed. Please note that clothes cannot be dry cleaned on board.

On 8/23/2023 at 10:03 AM, JeannineWW said:

Thanks.  We like to travel light, so I'll plan on doing the laundry myself midway through the trip.

Sounds like a plan.  We do similar, and thanks to no need for "formal" attire, we can manage with just a rollaboard case, each.😎

• 2 weeks later...

Hello - I was on the American Queen last week and can confirm the on-board guest laundry facilities.  On-board guest laundry services are available to all passengers and the laundry detergent is provided (Tide Pods).  There is no restriction for the number of times you use the laundry facilities and no additional fee.  The room is basically a closet that was converted into a laundry area and there is no area to fold laundry; bring a bag so you can fold laundry in your state room.   

• 2 months later...