Endicott Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer Princess Excursion

daisydawg

I think we’ve finally narrowed down an itinerary for July 2024. We’re pretty limited by our teen children’s sport schedules, and my mother-in-law wanted the Inside Passage. Anyway, we’re settled on a round trip Inside Passage itinerary from Vancouver on Ruby Princess (ports are Juneau, Skagway, and Ketchikan and our scenic cruising is Endicott Arm and Dawes Glacier) and are getting ready to book.

Β 

Here’s the question: if theΒ Endicott Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer is not listed as an available excursion for that day of scenic cruising, will it not be an option? Maybe our time there is too short? Or does Princess add excursions later? I’m a little disappointed that our itinerary does not include Glacier Bay, but my husband really wants to make this trip with his parents work. just trying to figure out some cool excursions to make up the lack of Glacier Bay.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dereknadz said:

I don't think there's an off ship excursion in the fjord, it's sightseeing from the ship.

Β 

So what is your experience?

Β 

While I certainly have not been on every cruise line which goes to Endicott Arm, the ones we have been on, when the itinerary includes Endicott Arm, offer an Endicott Arm and Dawes Glacier small ship excursion. Β Folks tender off the ship and the smaller vessel goes very close to Dawes Glacier. These excursions deviate from the cruise ship route into Ford's Terror (goggle for more info). Β Folks on the excursion re-join the cruise ship in Juneau.

Β 

46 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

Β 

Β 

While I certainly have not been on every cruise line which goes to Endicott Arm, the ones we have been on, when the itinerary includes Endicott Arm, offer an Endicott Arm and Dawes Glacier small ship excursion. Β Folks tender off the ship and the smaller vessel goes very close to Dawes Glacier. These excursions deviate from the cruise ship route into Ford's Terror (goggle for more info). Β Folks on the excursion re-join the cruise ship in Juneau.

Β 

I don't have any experience on that itinerary, my statement is just based on my own researching the different itineraries. Thanks for clarifying for the OP. I know they offer that in Hubbard Glacier so it makes sense there would be companies offering it in in Endicott Arm. I just haven't seen it listed.

1 hour ago, Northern Aurora said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

I stand corrected. I looked up a Princess itinerary that has the small boat trip to Endicott Arm. That's good to know! Thanks!

21 minutes ago, daisydawg said:

We ended up booking the cruise, but sadly the Endicott Arm excursion still isn’t an option to book.
Β 

If it was sold out, would it say? It would be nice to know if it might be an option for budgeting purposes.

Β 

While I certainly don't know if this excursion is sold out on your particular cruise I do know that they almost always sell out prior to sailing.

1 hour ago, daisydawg said:

We ended up booking the cruise, but sadly the Endicott Arm excursion still isn’t an option to book.
Β 

If it was sold out, would it say? It would be nice to know if it might be an option for budgeting purposes.

It will usually show even if it is sold out.

After my erroneous comment yesterday I was curious about this myself and it appears the excursion is offered when Juneau port is the same day as Endicott Arm Scenic Cruising. It looks like for your Ruby Princess cruise Juneau is two days before Endicott Arm. However, if you look at the excursions offered out of Juneau on that trip there's an all day Tracy Arm Fjord and Glacier Explorer Cruise. The description is of a similar experience. Hope that helps more than my first comment πŸ™‚