Mariner of the Seas, Kennedy Space Center excursion

jerick

We’re trying to figure out if we should take this excursion. What time does the shuttle arrive at MCO at the end of the excursion? We’re planning to take it, or another shuttle from Port Canaveral to MCO, then catch a taxi or Uber to a hotel in Orlando.

1 hour ago, jerick said:

We’re trying to figure out if we should take this excursion. What time does the shuttle arrive at MCO at the end of the excursion? We’re planning to take it, or another shuttle from Port Canaveral to MCO, then catch a taxi or Uber to a hotel in Orlando.

Since we don't know the date of your cruise, this question may be hard to answer correctly. I suggest that you go to the roll calls below for Mariner of the Seas, find your cruise date, and ask your fellow cruisers that question. Good luck! Cheers!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/179-mariner-of-the-seas-roll-calls/

We did this excursion after our last cruise on Jewel because we had a late flight out of MCO. In my opinion, I wouldn't repeat it. They get you to Kennedy just as they are opening (so you wait in a long entrance line) - but the catch is they will leave about by 1ish if I am remembering correctly to get you to the airport on time for 2pm for people to catch 5pm flights. For us this made the day feel very rushed there and like we didnt really have time to see everything. If I was to do it again, I would possibly do express departure, and look into a one way car rental, drive myself and luggage and park at kennedy and spend the full day, which you could return very easily to MCO and then proceed from there. 

We did a one way rental after a cruise - there is a combined Enterprise / National / Alamo rental location just over the bridge.  They have a shuttle that runs from the cruise terminals to the rental office - makes it easy.  But I will say, get up and get off the ship as early as possible to get on the first car rental shuttle.  We did, got in, got our car, and got out just before a mass of people showed up.

The rental car is great for a couple reasons - 
A.  Some place to keep your bags as you explore Kennedy.
B.  You are on your own time table and not someone else's.

C.  Prices are fairly cheap - I think possibly cheaper than two people booking transport through the cruise lines.