Zaandam/Alaska Land and Sea/May, 2024

BaltimoreCruise

We are scheduled for a May, 2024 Cruise Tour (Y4L).  The land tour is first.  We are scheduled the first day in Anchorage and day two in Anchorage, Talkeetna, and Denali.  HAL can not provide details at this time.  I've looked at the other categories on CC and I couldn't find much.  What happens the first day in Anchorage?  We plan to fly to Anchorage 2 days early to explore on our own.  

Thank you.

BaltimoreCruise

We have done several Yukon itineraries and they have changed through the years.   You’ll have a great time.  It looks like you have one night in Anchorage and it will be at either the Westmark or the Captain Cook hotel.  HAL may not know which one yet.  They are both in the downtown area convenient to a lot of great places to eat and also the visitor center.  We would have expected to have a transfer from the airport to the hotel.

You are arriving early so just plan to be at your HAL Anchorage assigned hotel by mid to late afternoon on the first day of your tour.  There will be someone in the hotel to give you your room key and let you know what time to have your bags ready for collection the next morning (or midnight maybe).  The bags will be transported separately.  Your group will be told what time to meet the next morning to board the bus to the train station.  You will probably meet your journey host either before or when  when you board the train.  

This is one of the best of the itineraries.  I hope you’ll have an overnight in Skagway which is so amazing to wake up the next morning and see your ship in port.   As I mentioned,  these itineraries have been changed a few times.

Have a great time!

I don’t see Talkeetna on the Y4L.  No need to go there, except the train stops to pick up passengers who are going on to Denali.  Your group will have your own domed  rail car.

Edited by oaktreerb