Official Sponsor of Miami Pro Soccer

15 hours ago, Ret MP said:

My comment(s) have nothing to do with soccer or which celeb RCCL decides to pay, or not to pay.  It's about the business of advertising and timing.

As has been reported here on this site and many others, RCCL and others are cruising at 100% capacity.  Which is suitable for their bottom line and helps pay off the massive debt from the COVID debacle.  So, it makes me wonder, WHY?  Why go with, what I assume is such an expense, and probably a long-term expense, when things are already moving in the right direction, the right bottom line direction?  Why do that at the same time that just about every service is being reduced or cut and just about every amenity is being upcharged and/or prices increased?  I am 100% more likely to return to RCCL if I attempt to return to normal <(normal meaning return to within inflation numbers) fare prices and other ancillary items at reasonable prices and traditional full services.  Advertising, for me, has very little impact on my buying practices.  When I'm in the market for a car, I know there are Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, ............. dealerships. I don't purchase based on the advertising, I base it upon my trip to the dealership taking a test ride, and finding out what the bottom line is for everything.  I don't trust most advertising anyway.    

If they want to advertise to the local market, which is what advertising with a local entity like soccer is, for the most part, I'd go with the local newspaper or bus stop benches or..........  It's got to be much cheaper and I'd guess that more people read the local newspaper than watch soccer on Apple TV.

Personally I think the reason is clear, if Royal is at 100% capacity it doesn't necessarily want the experienced cost conscious cruiser like you and me who recognise the cuts in service.

The last thing Royal wants is ships full of price savvy, high loyalty status returning passengers with their two bottles of wine making their drinks vouchers last all day and not spending on the ship. 

New cruisers is where it's at for Royal and that's clear with Icon, advertising outside of the usual recognised avenues and instead using Apple TV, MLS or whatever will draw in this required demographic (just my opinion).

Edited by Tin can
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tin can said:

Personally I think the reason is clear, if Royal is at 100% capacity it doesn't necessarily want the experienced cost conscious cruiser like you and me who recognise the cuts in service.

The last thing Royal wants is ships full of price savvy, high loyalty status returning passengers with their two bottles of wine making their drinks vouchers last all day and not spending on the ship. 

New cruisers is where it's at for Royal and that's clear with Icon, advertising outside of the usual recognised avenues and instead using Apple TV, MLS or whatever will draw in this required demographic (just my opinion).

I do believe that you are right, for the most part.  I have a slightly different opinion, slight.  But, that doesn't matter.  My opinion is about their choice of venue to advertise with and the cost associated with it vs. the reduction in services increases in fares and loss of amenities.  I think local media would be a lot more economical, and effective and help with the quest for the reduction in debt, which is blamed for the increases in fares and reduction in services.  Yes, I understand that there are other reasons, inflation being one of them, but debt is at the top of the list, I believe.  Debt is coming down but could it come down faster and more economically?  I think so.

But, my opinion is from an advertising and corporate layman (except for being a Corp, Human Resources Director for years).  

Edited by Ret MP
  • Like 1