Jewelry

Denali2003

I usually always sit upstairs so I can feel the breeze and enjoy the view.

Caneel is still in ruins, because there are still lawsuits as to ownership still pending. Until that's resolved nothing can be done on the land.

The storm didn't come. Back to normal.

Here's my 2-cents on the Caneel Bay debacle and I'll keep this short(promise) it sounds to me like the Parks Service is going to let the lease run out and then go in and legally take ownership of the property as they should.

That's a not only a nice beach down there that property cleaned up would be sweet. Really sweet. Without a resort or the ruins of the last resort.

The leasee and the lessor obviously have no business owning the property. 

They also had to know by building a resort down there hurricane insurance would simply be impossible much less cost prohibitive. Like I said it's just my 2-cents which is worth about 2-cents🫤.😁

I usually always sit upstairs so I can feel the breeze and enjoy the view.

Caneel is still in ruins, because there are still lawsuits as to ownership still pending. Until that's resolved nothing can be done on the land.

The storm didn't come. Back to normal.

The lease/RUE expired in late September, but the prior management claims ownership because of a legal technicality. So, last I saw, the NPS can't take it over until all legal issues are resolved. NPS wants to rebuild an eco resort on the property.

Hey Ms411 I just got a notification on Hurricane Tammy. I'm not sure the ferry to St. John is running right now. Jeez hope everything is ok down there. Hope you have munchies, beer, weed, beer, and more weed. 

We don't have hurricanes we have tornadoes, same thing different tweak. 

Good luck I didn't know it was going to be like that. You said inclement weather you never mentioned a freakin hurricane.🥺

TTEllis, you are so late! Tammy decided to go elsewhere so VI just got a little wind and rain. I'm prepared for storms so I don't panic about the weather. I'd rather be here in a hurricane than Stateside during almost any disaster.

Oh we get disasters much worse than down there. 

We get floods big one's why do you think I live downtown on the 6th floor of a concrete high rise silly??

I've never lived in a house in my life, I grew up in a high rise, condo commando that'd be me. 

I like houses and all but I don't like sleeping in them, I don't feel comfortable in a house. 

Our tornadoes(funnel clouds)actually Ms411 we don't get those much anymore. Here's what we get, we get this BLACK wedge mile wide monster that's pissed TFO disintegrating any and everything in its path. When you go and see the destruction you don't have the foggiest idea where you are or what happened because everything is gone. Seen it. 

They call them F-4's. 

I call them hell on earth.

Sorry about being a bit late that happens with me. Just try and overlook that. Thanks 

1 hour ago, Ms411 said:

It's about 20 minutes. The ferries usually leave a few minutes after the hour just in case a passenger is running late.

Yes a few minutes after the hour not 5 minutes though. Trust me on that.🫤

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...