Check In questions - Rome/Civitavecchia

KCfromMontana

When Checking in at Day 21 and having to pick a check in time - what are the choices and do they fill up? What is your recommendation? We are trying to figure out a pick up time for our transfer from hotel in Rome. If we get picked up at 10am at hotel that should get us to port approximately 11:30am but not sure if you would recommend we get there sooner than that. 

Can others share what time they selected for check in at day 21? What time they got picked up from hotel and arrived at port? How long it took to go through security and check in at the port? And what time you were able to board cruise ship?

Thank you!!

Not sure what it will be like when you sail, but for us in May 2022 we arrived at the port at 11 a.m. and there was no one in the Security line, no one in the check in line. Took us all of about 10 minutes from curb to boarding the ship. We were on the Epic and it was the split itinerary where half the passengers board in Rome and the other half in Barcelona so that may have had something to do with it. It was a breeze!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Twocoasts said:

Not sure what it will be like when you sail, but for us in May 2022 we arrived at the port at 11 a.m. and there was no one in the Security line, no one in the check in line. Took us all of about 10 minutes from curb to boarding the ship.

Same for us in November, 2022. We also arrived around 11:00 and no problems at all. They didn't even x-ray the two bottles of Limencello we brought on board.

Of course, ours was a TA, so the ship was only about half full.

There usually aren't any checkin delays at Civitavecchia.  And don't worry about what time you specify during your online checkin.  No one checks.  I would pick your departure based upon when you want to leave Rome.  You have time to do something that morning in Rome, if you want.  I would not arrive at the port before 10:30 or so, simply because they will still be wrapping up the disembarkation process and switching over to check-ins.  With no Rome plans, I'd target 11-11:30 arrival at port.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Twocoasts said:

Took us all of about 10 minutes from curb to boarding the ship.

Same experience for us boarding the Getaway late June this year around 11am.

As long as you have your required documentation on hand there will be zero issues.

• 5 months later...
18 hours ago, NYPD1001 said:

Is there a separate Haven check in and waiting area?

… waiting… there really isn’t any waiting at Civi from my experience. Pretty sure part of the process was separate for Haven but I’m not sure about luggage drop off and security. I only remember signs for Haven after that which had zero lines anyways.