Best wine & champagne to order on NCL Joy?

Ozzieru1e

Here is the full wine list:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/617ac6f28abd337ac8fc5f75/t/62f0360a046b28740d40decf/1659909643470/NCL+Wine+List+Full.pdf

I prefer white and my husband prefers red. We upgrade to the premium plus because we drink it all and then some! hahaha! 

For champagne, Veuve is awesome but I prefer the rose to the yellow label.

Moet is always good. Cristal is the best! But I would just get the Moet.

One of my favorite whites is Pouilly-Fuissé. 

Go for Italian, French or Spanish wines over California wines. 

Try a little of everything and drink what you like. Don't do the Robert Mondovi stuff. That wine sucks lol. 

Have fun!

1 hour ago, jackieodonnell said:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/617ac6f28abd337ac8fc5f75/t/62f0360a046b28740d40decf/1659909643470/NCL+Wine+List+Full.pdf

I prefer white and my husband prefers red. We upgrade to the premium plus because we drink it all and then some! hahaha! 

Try a little of everything and drink what you like. Don't do the Robert Mondovi stuff. That wine sucks lol. 

Have fun!

Wow…what a list!!!  I figured I would trust what bartenders recommended; but, I like your idea of trying a little of everything.  Thanks for the list and suggestions.

Not wanting to put a damper on things, but that list is a bit outdated.

For example, with Champagne, people with the premium plus beverage package can’t now get Moet or Veuve. The only option is a rose champagne (a quite decent one). I believe you may be able to get Veuve in Le Bistro.

The selection of reds and whites does vary depending on supply, but it will be more a case of seeing what they have than looking through the menu. We have found that they often don’t have items that are on the menu (and sometimes have alternatives).

If you don’t upgrade to premium plus then the wine selection is fairly limited unless you pay extra per glass. With the upgrade there are a lot more options, but not as many as that list suggests, in my experience.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Not wanting to put a damper on things, but that list is a bit outdated.

For example, with Champagne, people with the premium plus beverage package can’t now get Moet or Veuve. The only option is a rose champagne (a quite decent one). I believe you may be able to get Veuve in Le Bistro.

The selection of reds and whites does vary depending on supply, but it will be more a case of seeing what they have than looking through the menu. We have found that they often don’t have items that are on the menu (and sometimes have alternatives).

If you don’t upgrade to premium plus then the wine selection is fairly limited unless you pay extra per glass. With the upgrade there are a lot more options, but not as many as that list suggests, in my experience.

I knew it was to good to be true‼️ 😝 

• Haha 1

Also just off the Aug 20-30 and we had the Premium Plus package.  Two reds included in this package are the 2020 Duckhorn Merlot and the 2019 Silverado Estate Grown Cab.  Both were excellent and you are able to get by the glass or the bottle at all dining venues except the buffet.  Agree with the above one the rose champagne.  It is very good as well.

Cheers!IMG-8198.thumb.jpg.e648545aa4bdb9f20ac48d58ad4ed69a.jpg71433778773--1096DE91-9A60-47DF-9844-3A6FB82321AE.thumb.jpg.934c5eeae2017364eeebb19cf39949aa.jpg

IMG-8146.thumb.jpg.e89d39070b1ff125edfefc3bcd738d4d.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/30/2023 at 8:23 PM, jackieodonnell said:

Have fun!

FYI...This is an older list.  Sequoia Grove was offered for the first year post Covid. This is our 4th NCL since Dec 2021 and it was offered on the first two and now it is not even on the list.  A few of the servers mentioned that this does change week to week based on supply chain.

2 hours ago, Luv2cruze me and u said:

Also just off the Aug 20-30 and we had the Premium Plus package.  Two reds included in this package are the 2020 Duckhorn Merlot and the 2019 Silverado Estate Grown Cab.  Both were excellent and you are able to get by the glass or the bottle at all dining venues except the buffet.  Agree with the above one the rose champagne.  It is very good as well.

Cheers!IMG-8198.thumb.jpg.e648545aa4bdb9f20ac48d58ad4ed69a.jpg71433778773--1096DE91-9A60-47DF-9844-3A6FB82321AE.thumb.jpg.934c5eeae2017364eeebb19cf39949aa.jpg

IMG-8146.thumb.jpg.e89d39070b1ff125edfefc3bcd738d4d.jpg

Can you please tell me what is the cost of the Premium Plus package? I am interested in the nice Cabernets and red blends. Do you remember any more selections? Is there a limit of bottles or glasses per day with this package? Drinking great red wine is my big "thing", and going a weeks cruise without having it with before, during and after dinner would be hard for me. Thanks for any help!

Edited by 4kids3dogs2cats&fish

2 hours ago, 4kids3dogs2cats&fish said:

Can you please tell me what is the cost of the Premium Plus package? I am interested in the nice Cabernets and red blends. Do you remember any more selections? Is there a limit of bottles or glasses per day with this package? Drinking great red wine is my big "thing", and going a weeks cruise without having it with before, during and after dinner would be hard for me. Thanks for any help!

the cost difference is about $32/day per person.  This also includes all Starbucks drinks and unlimited sparkling and large box (Flow) flat water.  I know the options included Decoy Cab as well.  I will try and locate some pics of the 'by the glass' options as well.  Best option for getting a good glass when not in the dining venues is Cellers.  They have it all by the glass as well as bottle.

On 9/1/2023 at 5:46 PM, Luv2cruze me and u said:

the cost difference is about $32/day per person.  This also includes all Starbucks drinks and unlimited sparkling and large box (Flow) flat water.  I know the options included Decoy Cab as well.  I will try and locate some pics of the 'by the glass' options as well.  Best option for getting a good glass when not in the dining venues is Cellers.  They have it all by the glass as well as bottle.

That wine list for speciality dining on Post#2 of this thread is confusing. It says "premium plus" for some of the bottles but at the bottom it says 40% discount. Can you please explain it for me? Thanks

15 hours ago, 4kids3dogs2cats&fish said:

That wine list for speciality dining on Post#2 of this thread is confusing. It says "premium plus" for some of the bottles but at the bottom it says 40% discount. Can you please explain it for me? Thanks

The 40% may be the discount you receive on other bottles when you have a P+ plan.  On the ship, there is a menu that includes the ones included in P+.  I thought I had a copy but I could not find it.