Was Celebrity ever a Premium brand?

Cruisegoer

22 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

My first cruise was my honeymoon in 1992. We sailed on Carnival Fantasy, a new ship. I thought I was in the lap of luxury with the midnight buffet complete with ice sculptures and fruit carvings. I had no frame of reference and continued sailing with Carnival for quite some time afterward. It wasn’t until 2005 when I sailed on my last carnival cruise…Fantasy once again but this time I found myself among clientele worlds apart from my maiden experience. You know it’s bad when you feel like you have to seek refuge on the topless deck just to escape the mayhem. And why is it that the only people brave enough to go topless are the very ones who shouldn’t?  But, I digress…

We have some good history with Carnival too a while back, really when our kids were young.  Just because we haven’t been on Carnival since the early 00s doesn’t mean we don’t have great memories.  That said, even my kids thought dining when John Heald was running color wars in the dining hall.  Cheesy cruises and cruise lines have expiration dates at some point.

• Like 1