QM2 crossing question

moses0

We were set to cross Sept 4th with another couple. Unfortunately the husband has to fly home early now and cannot sail. The wife still wants to sail back with us. All are fully paid. Does anyone know if there will be any issues with her sailing without him. Do we have to  report that he is not sailing . Will that affect her being able to sail?  

4 hours ago, moses0 said:

Do we have to  report that he is not sailing

You asked this on August 1st. Your post on August 2nd suggested you were going to report it. Have you not done so?

The main issue must be for Cunard to have an accurate list of passengers on the ship when it sails. That must be compiled just before departure as I imagine there will always be a few passengers that don't turn up for various reasons.

I would certainly let them know in advance as a courtesy, and perhaps some refund would be due for port taxes as MCC retired suggested. Better to have that extra to spend on board rather than paid to a port authority for a passenger that hasn't used their port.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

You had some answers to your previous thread here

As I said previously.My daughter once couldn’t sail two days beforehand. No dramas or refunds. Just removed her name from the booking. Took minutes to sort with contact centre. Only annoying part was onboard housekeeping were not told and the sofa bed was made up so was a bit lumpy to sit in with a duvet and linen under the cushions!! Might be problematic if you are looking for any sort of refund or such. As a U K client I knew I was not entitled to any port refunds etc.. so didn’t waste time asking for anything. 

Just to let you know no problem. Checked in by a lovely lady she was just sorry  one of us couldn’t sail. We got through in no time at all. Sailing out if Southampton right now on a beautiful English late summer evening 

• Like 2