Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

38 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

@jam19872016 I know you like fruity frapped up drinks so if you like pina coladas (and getting caught in the rain 😉) walk up hill about 15ish minutes to John Watlings Distillery for the BEST pina colada ever!! Lovely, plantation style house.  You can take the free tour or just go to the bar inside and get that pina colada.

jw house.jpg

JWD.jpg

I might check that out next time. It's far too hot for any note outsiding for me.

It looks strong, I don't want to taste the rum. Usually if I can see it, I can taste it. Is that the case?

Could always do non alcoholic version but what makes it stand out? A good flavor, or a ton of booze?

Just now, jam19872016 said:

I might check that out next time. It's far too hot for any note outsiding for me.

It looks strong, I don't want to taste the rum. Usually if I can see it, I can taste it. Is that the case?

Could always do non alcoholic version but what makes it stand out? A good flavor, or a ton of booze?

John Watlings rum is very smooth so I don't feel an alcohol "bite".  I'm sure you could get a virgin and it would be very tasty.  What I love is the flavor of the mix, the super smooth texture (some pina coladas are very icy and crunchy) and the ambience.  John Watlings has been a go-to for me and my mom for the past four cruises.  I put a lit bday candle in her pina colada last May and we sang "Happy Bday" to her.

jwtable.jpg

• Like 12

19 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

John Watlings rum is very smooth so I don't feel an alcohol "bite".  I'm sure you could get a virgin and it would be very tasty.  What I love is the flavor of the mix, the super smooth texture (some pina coladas are very icy and crunchy) and the ambience.  John Watlings has been a go-to for me and my mom for the past four cruises.  I put a lit bday candle in her pina colada last May and we sang "Happy Bday" to her.

jwtable.jpg

Thanks I'll give it a try.

I just have to see if any of my cruises come to such an exotic Port again 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

While I love naps, I never wake up feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the day.

Anyway, I'm up now and heading to the sauna.

Diamond gathering is at 5:15 in the Swingtime Lounge.

I agree.  I'm kind of moody for the first 15 minutes. Lol

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Got in one mile in the gym. The AC is not working well in there and it is quite hot but still better than outside right now. I'll finish out there once we are sailing. 

Heading to the diamond gathering now.

I will be using the track or gym on our TA. I can't afford to gain anymore. It is easy to get steps in on the ship,  most days.

• Like 1