Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

I lost a travel water somewhere. I need it right now. I'm at a point in my alcohol consumption where water intake is important. 

We are on the verge of a riot over here with the overcrowding blocking people's view so I'm not about to get up and go look for it even though it pretty much has to be at a table I sat at thinking there was room to sit. My seat will be gone.

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 4

Hey, really enjoying following along your journey, finally got caught up.  We will be on the TA to Barcelona with you, will be interesting to hear from you how the cruisers differ on the TA vs. the 5 day cruise!  I’ve heard that there are many Plats and Diamonds on this cruise (and these type of cruises in general).  This will be our first cruise as a Platinum as well.  

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

This is really bad and at some point they need to be turning people away. The vibe in here is not right for what is supposed to be a fun event with group participation. This group is all pissed at each other.

Can a waiter get you a water? Sounds kinda miserable with all the craziness 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, princess76021 said:

I'm Italian!!  You need bread to sop up the sauce!!

Hugs

I'm not a bread person so the thought never even occurred to me. You can bet it will next time I find a sauce that yummy 😋

12 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

I would have asked for a spoon -- no pride here!

I told my mom if I was at home I would have picked up my bowl and licked it clean 😀😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, Gumbo4Life said:

Hey, really enjoying following along your journey, finally got caught up.  We will be on the TA to Barcelona with you, will be interesting to hear from you how the cruisers differ on the TA vs. the 5 day cruise!  I’ve heard that there are many Plats and Diamonds on this cruise (and these type of cruises in general).  This will be our first cruise as a Platinum as well.  

Thanks for following along.

Some observations from my one Journey cruise last year. 

It's a much more calm crowd and more, ummm, mature.  

It will be filled with people who enjoy traveling and most will be a joy to be around and share experiences with.  Some will be miserable and you will wonder why they are there. Sounds just like CC.

Like any large group, there will be bad apples that stick out. Less packs of roaming kids, more speeding scooters that will mow you down if you don't move fast enough. 

I never saw a line at guest services or for pizza. In fact, you had to ring a bell for service at pizza pirate. 

Tables were hard to come by at lunch. Card players take over Lido. 

MDR fills up fast and turns over slow due to more diners who like to eat early and linger over a leisurely dinner. 

There will be lots of unique menus and activities although the activities will start to get repetitive after about day 10 or 11. Expect lots of trivia and ball room dancing. 

Things in general just move a lot slower and if you are down with that it is such a great experience. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but those are the differences I remember best.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Can a waiter get you a water? Sounds kinda miserable with all the craziness 

I thought about getting my vifp water but I didn't want another open bottle of water in my suit case for the move. 

It started out pretty miserable but once it started it cleared out pretty quick when Andy informed the crowd it wasn't a spectator event if you were there to watch, you're taking up valuable space, get the fun out. 

I think he said fun, he may have used a different word 😏

• Haha 9

Table ready at 1135.

Whisked to my table by a white shirt who knew me by name and my table without me telling him. It's nice having status for one more day. Tomorrow I will just be another face in a sea of diamonds 😆

Edited by jam19872016
  • Haha 7

12 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Table ready at 1135.

Whisked to my table by a white shirt who knew me by name and my table without me telling him. It's nice having status for one more day. Tomorrow I will just be another face in a sea of diamonds 😆

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, jam19872016 said:

Thanks for following along.

Some observations from my one Journey cruise last year. 

It's a much more calm crowd and more, ummm, mature.  

It will be filled with people who enjoy traveling and most will be a joy to be around and share experiences with.  Some will be miserable and you will wonder why they are there. Sounds just like CC.

Like any large group, there will be bad apples that stick out. Less packs of roaming kids, more speeding scooters that will mow you down if you don't move fast enough. 

I never saw a line at guest services or for pizza. In fact, you had to ring a bell for service at pizza pirate. 

Tables were hard to come by at lunch. Card players take over Lido. 

MDR fills up fast and turns over slow due to more diners who like to eat early and linger over a leisurely dinner. 

There will be lots of unique menus and activities although the activities will start to get repetitive after about day 10 or 11. Expect lots of trivia and ball room dancing. 

Things in general just move a lot slower and if you are down with that it is such a great experience. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but those are the differences I remember best.

This makes me wonder if I want late dinning.....

• Thanks 1

Just now, bobbismith said:

This makes me wonder if I want late dinning.....

Assigned dining is probably better if you don't want to potentially have a long wait.

Also keep in mind that guaranteed dining priority assignments for diamond becomes priority and priority for platinum becomes not a thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1